General Conversation Thread

DSPLCD

Sep 13, 2016
Have something to say but not sure where to post it. Post it here. Small talk conversation.

Detachable stuff rules. I feel like I have a transformer bike, 2 seats, 2 windshields, detachable tour pack and Hard lowers, I can go from sport touring to full touring in a matter of minutes. This bike is really Awesome.

Robert

Have the same set up as you do now and yes it makes these bikes very versatile long or short haul.

Seems to be the way my bike is heading as well, 2 seats, 3 screens, tour pack on order

I loved my "Convertible" setup but the wife still wouldn't take to it.So-I bought her a convertible! Now TomA has my setup but I'm sure I'll miss it on my next loooong trip!

I loved my "Convertible" setup but the wife still wouldn't take to it.So-I bought her a convertible! Now TomA has my setup but I'm sure I'll miss it on my next loooong trip!

My lady likes to ride but only as the passenger, she's to scared to ride solo, but at 5' she just cant land her feet on the ground without lots of modifications to the bike, she'd be better off with a moped.. And she and gonna to drive my convertible, either one!!

My wife rides with me from time to time but she prefers to ride her own bike! It's a good thing cause I don't even like to put on the backrest, forget the tour pack!

Last edited:
I just started to get a few extra items. The Mrs only rides periodically so I like the quick disconnect items.. Back rest, luggage rack, seat, Tour Pak.. The only issue right now is that it's winter and have to wait till spring to get to use any of it.

Mine is a convertible too, big ultra seat for the wife, tour pack, detachable back rest.

I won't lie I'm a suckers for having options. It's why my first Harley was a Switchback, factory set up to covert from a stripped cruiser to a mini tourer. But at the end of the day I kept singing "you don't know what you got till it's gone!" because every time I took something off my bike I wanted it. No windshield: I forgot how much wind force is on your chest at 80mph. No saddlebags: Hmm i was going to stop at the store but now how would I carry my stuff? I love the street glide but I know if I bought a tour pak it would never come off. My sissy bar never does.

Here's a random question, I need some clear glasses for riding. I have a small head and tried just wearing shooting glasses but they created a lot of glare. What do Yall use and are there any brands to pursue/avoid?

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Being on call sucks. Was supposed to be off till 1-2-2017. Had to go in today for a repair or the gas field. A line I marked yesterday was ruptured by an excavator operator and tripped the plant. Damn Operators...

I feel your pain dsplcd, I'm not on call per se but I work in a hotel, staffed 24/7 and we only have 4 engineers at the moment. If one person calls off it has an immediate impact on someone else.

5th general order. I will not quit my post until properly relieved. Bit my ass yesterday as my relief called off. Luckily the graveyard guy came in a little early.

Being understaffed has one major plus. We are way under budget so the amount of overtime I get is based on how much I have to do and how much I want to work. Ive paid off my credit card and bought a few toys, now I'm paying extra towards the bike loan. This is when it's good to be hourly!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No overtime this week for me. I was taking vacation days. But when I can I like to rake it in!!!

Well, we are in a new time, a new Era. What does our future hold for us? Will President Trump follow thru with what he has said, Will he make America Great Again?

Surprise surprise, Trump is potus and we don't have world War 3 yet.. I guess liberals are wrong occasionally [emoji14]

First day off tomorrow in 2 weeks and it's raining. I'm either putting a new carb in my truck or I'm riding, rain or shine. Work better not call because I'm not answering.

I started working a 4-10 schudule at work. It's working out well. Friday will be my yard work, errand, honey do, Dr appt or anything else day. And Saturday and Sunday will be riding days weather permitting. I'm pretty stoked!!

Here's a random question, I need some clear glasses for riding. I have a small head and tried just wearing shooting glasses but they created a lot of glare. What do Yall use and are there any brands to pursue/avoid?

One of my buddies turned me on to KD's. They are advertised as the original biker shades. They have a bunch of different lens shades, I'm sure you can find one that fits the bill. My head is slightly small as well and these work great. About $10 bucks a pair. Priced just right.

I'm not really sure what's going on, but for the last few days I've been riding, I have found myself fighting the curves. My slow from stop turns are fine but the higher speed turns I seem to be fighting them and just not letting it flow, not sure f it is the weather or what's going on?? Any one else have this problem??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77