General Conversation Thread

I had that problem, my tires were worn. I got new tires, and everything got better. I can even take turns at 80 miles an hour in the rain that feel better than they did in dry conditions with the stock and worn out tires

If your tires aren't suspect, swingarm bushings or a stabilizer may help. Though my research on stabilizers was for the dyna. Different animal.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Two things come to mind:

Just rusty from not getting to ride regularly.
Low tire pressure.

If the feeling persists after checking your tires you may look at the head bearing and make sure it's adjusted right. Had a friend with a brand new 16 that couldn't ride over 55 mph because he got the death wobble and really hard turning. Took the bike to a different dealer and they couldn't believe how loose it was and the bike only had 700 miles on it. May have to take it to the dealer to have this done and they should do it for free.

I second TomA's post. A loose stearing head will cause a weird feeling when turning. In particular, the bike might feel "heavy" or "squirrely". My brother put up with this feeling on his Ultra for weeks. When he finally had it checked, they couldn't believe how loose it was.
None of us like taking our bike to the shop, but if you're sensing specific handling issues then safety may be in question and the cost of an inspection could be well worth the money.

I get that once in awhile....just a feeling somethings not right..."squirrely"...I just had the head bearings adjusted a couple months ago, I have TPMS and constantly check the pressures, the wear on the tires is normal and I still have plenty of tread left on both sides....so what the heck is it?

So what I think it is....and it may be a combination....are the bad roads in SoCal....ruts in the surface...and wind. Just going straight I can feel the ruts. Some are from previous road construction where they grind the surface to remove striping and end up grinding too much and others just from the massive amount of traffic....and the wind pushing you around.

Seems to be back to normal, tire pressure was at 40 psi in the front. Can't explain it really, rode the day before and rode fine. Must have had an off day?

Sitting at the dealership waiting on a 10K service to be done. Can only walk around so much. Pretty boring..

So how young is too young for being a passenger on your bike. I told Olivia(granddaughter) that when she turns 6 I will take her. She'll be 6 next week and she's holding me to it. Is 6 too young?

I have taken my daughter on rides when she was six, but only for a few miles and kept the speed down.

In Minnesota both the passengers feet have to touch the foot rests and if under 18 has to wear a helmet. My kiddo was eligible when she was almost seven. Kids love to ride!

Blues

In Minnesota both the passengers feet have to touch the foot rests and if under 18 has to wear a helmet. My kiddo was eligible when she was almost seven. Kids love to ride!

Blues
Laws are the same here. Now if I put Highway pegs up high on my bag guards would that count as on the passenger pegs? [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'll be riding with the king tour pak on, but with the hard bags, I don't think her legs are long enough to reach the pegs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77