Handle bars

Jaxonsram

Jun 20, 2017
How do you people decide what height and style (other than personal preference) bars to get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best way to find something on someone else's bike and inquire.... dont sit on it unless permission is granted.

Other options are used bikes at the dealer... sit on them all...

I prefer shoulder height or slightly lower... I ran 12's on my SGS... have 14's on my RGS... at 5'7" they fit me fine.

Height is not the only determining factor... pullback is a biggie... that is... how far back the grips will sit from centerline of the bars. This measurement is different on every bar out there... from tbars at 0"... to approximately 7" out and everything in between...

This important to keep in mind

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The best way to find something on someone else's bike and inquire.... dont sit on it unless permission is granted.

Other options are used bikes at the dealer... sit on them all...

I prefer shoulder height or slightly lower... I ran 12's on my SGS... have 14's on my RGS... at 5'7" they fit me fine.

Height is not the only determining factor... pullback is a biggie... that is... how far back the grips will sit from centerline of the bars. This measurement is different on every bar out there... from tbars at 0"... to approximately 7" out and everything in between...

This important to keep in mind

Thanks bud, that great info and well taken. I'm going to some dealerships this weekend and a swap meet mid October so I will definitely take your advise. Didn't think it would be that difficult to pic out some bars but for what you spend you want to try and get it right the first time.

Thanks bud, that great info and well taken. I'm going to some dealerships this weekend and a swap meet mid October so I will definitely take your advise. Didn't think it would be that difficult to pic out some bars but for what you spend you want to try and get it right the first time.

Exactly.... bars are expensive...and you want to get what you want AND Need to be comfortable and stylish. Doing bars over and over is not the way to do it...

If you don't know the terminology and design aspects.. do yourself a favor and look into it. The more you know... the better choices you can make in your selection.

Height, width and pullback are the key components of design... and to understand them and how they work in design with each bar manufacturer will benefit you greatly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdsmojo