Harley Davidson's Newest Model FXDR Test Ride. Will it bring in New Harley Owners?

As always, I enjoy your (the OP) videos!

I can appreciate the FXDR having owned a V-Rod. But IMO, if they are targeting the new rider with the FXDR, they've missed the mark. The V-Rod was my first Harley coming from years and years of riding Sportbikes and roadracing motorcyles. Like you made mention, way back when, I said the V-Rod would be the only Harley I'd own. I was sadly disappointed after about a year and traded it on a Softail...

Based on what you say and what I've read elsewhere, the riding position to most coming from Sportbikes will find the riding position awkward. Again, based on what I've read, having the feet forward and leaning it hard in corners feels odd and not necessarily confidence inspiring...

And if they are targeting the "younger" market, I think 22k price tag is out of reach for most of the young riders I know and isn't going to attract them... Younger riders are opting for the less expensive motorcycle such as the "Scramblers" everyone (manufacturers) are offering which is roughly around 10k.

What I can't wait to see and ride is the new Harley Naked bike. I hope that sucker comes in under 20k, more like ~16k which makes it competitive with other exotic naked sportbikes (think Aprilia Tuono, Ducati Monster). If it does, I'll be the ready to write the check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddogg14