HD stage 1 with V&H H/O slip ones & HD download

Shooter85

Dec 27, 2015
So, this is my 1st post. Looking to put on V&H H/O slip on ons with an HD stage 1 and get a download at the HD dealership for my 2016 FLHXS Looking for a good low rumble and still be able to hear the radio while riding. I trust my dealer with this suggestion, but looking for other thoughts.

The HIgh Outputs are way to loud without the added quite baffles, especially if you remove your Cat.
I would suggest the Monster Rounds, if you like the Vance & Hines sound

Welcome to the fun. Have you done the A/C yet ?? some of the issues that have been brought up on this forum are when you don't have back pressure or a little restriction you loose a lot of torque on the lower end. I like the look of duals but I would really consider the 2 into 1 pro pipe if you want sound and performance. It's been mentioned before that the high out puts are designed more for an engine with cam work done.

Just my 2 cents

So, this is my 1st post. Looking to put on V&H H/O slip on ons with an HD stage 1 and get a download at the HD dealership for my 2016 FLHXS Looking for a good low rumble and still be able to hear the radio while riding. I trust my dealer with this suggestion, but looking for other thoughts.

Welcome Shooter!
As suggested I would avoid the H/O muffs. V&H Twin Slash Rounds are more suitable for stage one and sound very good with a beautiful rumble that is just right for the street and they are priced reasonably.
Some will suggest you buy a tuner but A stage one with dealer down load will run very well and a bit cooler

Blues

Last edited:

I not sure this really helps, but I am looking to do something similar. Dealer recommended VH Pro headers, HO pipes air kit, SE Tuner and dyno. I was thinking about the Monster rounds but he thinks the HO's would work better. because of the dyno tuning they will do. All information I see about the HO's reference a built motor.

I talked to a customer at the shop that has this setup on a 2014 SGS. He let me listen to it, and it did sound good, and loud a very deep feel more than a loud sound. He did not notice any low end performance, but did say the pipes were LOUD at 35-4K, he recommended a speaker upgrade to be able to hear the radio at highway speeds. He did say he runs his bike hard for the most part.

I will post some questions on other options I was looking at so as to not hijack this thread.

New Rider, I'm sure your dealer wants to sell you headers, HO's an SETurner, and Dyno time. Unless you have a built motor I would not suggest the HO's. I went went with a FP3 and the High Outputs with a a Fullsac header. If I was doing it all over again I would go with Monster rounds. The HO's have a 3" core while the rounds are 2.5" that 1/2" gives you more low end toque and are easier on the ears.
If anyone is set on the High-Outputs let me know I'll make you a deal and switch to the rounds :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave