Heading Northeast

Fixit4medad

Aug 6, 2014
Setting up a trip from Florida on the Auto Train to Lorton Va. Would like to head to Vermont and Maine then head back south to Skyline Dr. Continuing SW to the Tail and ride the roads in the Carolinas and Tennessee for a few days. Hit Georgia and come down the west side of Florida and home. I have three weeks so I want to see as much as I can since I have never been to Vermont or Maine. I have been to the rest before. Any thoughts or roads to take? I do not ride on highways when I am on vacation and I don't eat at chain restaurants on vacation so I'll need food suggestions. Thanks

When are you going?
Americade in Lake George NY June 1 - June 6th.
Bike week in Laconia NH June 13 - 21st.

In Maine, I've riden along rt 1 up the coast, lots of cool stuff to stop off and check out.

How far North do you plan on going?

Heading Northeast

I spent about 12 years in Vermont. If you make your way up that far, you need to hit rte 100, rte 2, rte 17 (through mad river glen ski area) and up and over the Stowe mountain road. Beautiful scenic views and not much traffic. I rode them almost every ride. Rte 2 follows interstate 89, but is a much better ride and takes you through all the small towns. It will also take you up to Burlington, which is a fun town to spend the night in. You can follow lake Champlain, from Burlington, right into NY too.

If you make it to Maine, make sure to stop in Portland for a night. Great little city on the ocean. You won't want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixit4medad- welcome to the SG forums, your trip plan sounds like fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469