Help my SGS is dead

Bike fired up again this morning. At the dealer now getting a battery diagnostic. We will see the outcome. Thanks all for the suggestions and input. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked the bike up today from the dealer. Battery is good. Bike started up no issues. Dealer says my stereo may have caused the drain because “it’s a big system’
Not really buying that explanation, but I got my bike back it’s starts no problem and it will be on a tender no matter what.
*Side note dealer wanted to charge me $127 for a battery diagnostic after telling me it was free of charge.

Well whats your explanation? Was the key off the whole time? It seems like a fix to me. Lots of people jump to conclusions. Experienced mechanics rule out the simple stuff first.. If the bike was dead the first thing that needed to be checked was the battery. Thats where it all begins.. Just sayin..

Last edited:
Well whats your explanation?

My explanation is I have a regular system with one amp, a bike that’s a ‘18 with 5k on the clock that shouldn’t drain completely dead in 13 days when not on a tender.
The only thing that might be plausible is I keep my key fob in my helmet on the bike and since it is constantly looking for the fob, maybe that’s causing a drain. 13 days seems excessive.

My explanation is I have a regular system with one amp, a bike that’s a ‘18 with 5k on the clock that shouldn’t drain completely dead in 13 days when not on a tender.
The only thing that might be plausible is I keep my key fob in my helmet on the bike and since it is constantly looking for the fob, maybe that’s causing a drain. 13 days seems excessive.

Agreed that thing shouldn't go dead in 13 days, I've left mine off the charger much longer than that. Maybe it is the FOB causing it???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave