HIDs

htrdlnc

Nov 7, 2015
So I put some hids on the bike.

Turn the bike on and the low beam just turns on then off. Put regular bulb back in and I have turn the bike off then on again for it to work.

My question is do you need some sort of resistor? I know you need that in some cars or else the car will think the bulb is not actually there.

So I put some hids on the bike.

Turn the bike on and the low beam just turns on then off. Put regular bulb back in and I have turn the bike off then on again for it to work.

My question is do you need some sort of resistor? I know you need that in some cars or else the car will think the bulb is not actually there.
What brand of HID headlight are you using?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Fail. Just went through this last week. You need a relay harness. Too much voltage for the bike to keep it on. There's a voltage spike when it ignites initially. I have a thread on here. Search.

Actually. The thread is 4 threads below this one..."headlight frustrations".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

you need to buy a hid canbus system that has anti fliker and a compacitor built in. http://www.xenonhids.com/55w-ac-canbus-ballast-hid-kit.html this is a kit that i ordered and have had for about 9 months and not one problem. love them.
He already has the HID kit. No point in spending money on another kit. 6 bucks on ebay will get you a relay harness. If that's what you want. Will require running wires to the battery. You don't need a canbus or antiflicker ballast. I know because the kit I ordered was a basic 55w 30 dollar car kit without those options. It WILL WORK FINE with a relay harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

So a canceller, digital system, can bus was not the answer. A simple relay set up solved the problem. I got a Morimoto relay set up. The wires were all mesh covered. It was set up for one input and two outputs but I rewired it for 2 in 2 out. I lifted the gas tank and ran the 1 battery lead thru the factory conduit. All done. Low, hi, flash to pass, everything works.

c99729300f2698c13c2cfd6024ef0140.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77