In today’s what did you learn new

t8ness

Aug 25, 2015
I’ve been working on my 2014 SG since I got in new back then. One of the things I couldn’t understand was why in god’s name they made it so hard to remove the battery.

Well I was yesterday years old when I found that nylon strap at the bottom of where the battery sits, which I’m sure you all know, helps to remove the battery with ease. I was dumbfounded lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ve been working on my 2014 SG since I got in new back then. One of the things I couldn’t understand was why in god’s name they made it so hard to remove the battery.

Well I was yesterday years old when I found that nylon strap at the bottom of where the battery sits, which I’m sure you all know, helps to remove the battery with ease. I was dumbfounded lol.

explain..didnt know about this?

explain..didnt know about this?

When you remove the battery, there’s a nylon strap down at the bottom. When you install new battery, hold strap so that it rests on top of battery once it’s seated. So next battery, pull strap, and battery lifts up. Hope this makes sense lol

While we are taking about battery challenges.

Ever lose or drop that little rectangular nut that you screw the lead wires into? I have too many times on bikes, mowers, generators etc. Now I have learned to put in piece of Gorilla tape on the outer edge of each terminal to keep them from slipping out and Happy Gilmoring around down inside the frame.

Also when I install a new battery I write the date on it with a sharpie so I can see how old it is without pulling it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dual Bag