Inexpensive security Siren tip

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
I saw this 2 years ago and did it to both my previous 2011 RK and my new 2014 SGS. It's simple, cheap and works!:cool:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/622165-radio-shack-alarm-siren-install-2011-rgc.html

p.s. On the 2014 models the connector inside the side cover is in the top right area.

On the 2014 models the connector inside the side cover is in the top right area.

which side of the SG is the plug on and will it need a flash after adding the siren ?

Disregard.....got it & it
took me longer to post this then it took to find the plug and install the siren.

PS. its on the left/low side of the 2014 SG for anyone interested.

Disregard.....got it & it
took me longer to post this then it took to find the plug and install the siren.

PS. its on the left/low side of the 2014 SG for anyone interested.

and . . . you can disable the chirp if you like and just have the siren active (in the manual)

Flatlander-I know it works with the $6 Radio Shack Piezo siren and HD version. The only difference in RS and HD versions is size and battery backup in HD model.

Flatlander-I know it works with the $6 Radio Shack Piezo siren and HD version. The only difference in RS and HD versions is size and battery backup in HD model.

I found it in the manual and the one that comes with the kit I posted and have is also a Piezo so I assume it will work but I kinda like having the chirps lets me know everything is working as it should.
I didnt bother testing just left the chirps on

Are these plug and play sirens ? I would like to have a siren on my SGS I just don't know where to plug it in if indeed the RS siren is plug and play

Mojo is spot on and leads from RS siren slide into factory plug on left side under panel. He hooked me up in May when he came out to Reno to ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469