Is the alarm siren an option?

I’ve had the alarm for about three years and have had no issues with it- and I like the fact that the alarm is annoyingly ear- splitting. About 18 months ago I bought the pager- my neighbor had one for his bike- and I was surprised at how functional it is. I don’t know exactly what the range is but the lights that flash on the pager unit change color when you are out of range so you have an indicator. I have a ton of the CR batteries and keep a few in my saddlebag so I’m never without. I had read that the pager eats up batteries but I have not had that issue. I use the pager when at restaurants or staying in hotels on road trips.

The audible siren combined with the fork locks and the disc lock I always carry on road trips make my bike less desirable than the bike parked next to mine that only has the fork locks. Sensible protection for less than $200- and my insurance went down a little.

Mojo, what action triggers the alarm??

Moving the bike from the jiffy stand to the upright position will elicit a chirp, then another chirp, then the siren. Likewise if the bike is upright, like on a lift, and you let it down onto the jiffy stand, that much of a change in angle will trigger the alarm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller