Is this a good price for a SG Special?

I just bought a 2016 street glide cvo in ca for 38,500 OTD. White amethyst with purple lic flames. I thought that was a good deal. Most dealers locally didn't want to deal on this bike. Gave me the song and dance about how special the bike was and that no dealer would ever discount them. I proved that to be complete BS!

Do you mind if I ask what other options you got on the bike (besides the special paint), and how much the local dealers wanted, instead of $38,500...?

In my neck of the woods..(Birmingham, Al.) I have the dealers selling after a bit of haggling for 21,250 out the door...Tax, tag, fees on a 2016 Street Glide Special in any paint option but the candy. Candy paint option is 23,250 Out the door!!!

HD dealer in Huntsville, AL. has a advertised MSRP on a in stock 2015 FLHXS Amber whiskey, $23,900 and same color in stock 2015 FLTRX is $22,500

I bought from Riders Harley Davidson in Trussville. Again regardless of list pricing. 21,250 out the door done deal on street glide special. Not in candy paint option though. That one is 23,250.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I know a guy that paid 49k for his Street Glide. He lives in Moorea Tahiti. The island is only 7 miles across and there are 40 Harley riders on that island. Basically one road...round and round we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my 2016 SGS in May. Paid OTD $22,000. Thats including tax and title. I think was a good deal. Love the Bike.

While i was researching the 2015 SGS i recently bought at a Copart auction, i checked three local dealers on OTD prices for the exact bike and one was $25.5K, One was $27K and one was $29K. That was no haggling and squeezing for a better deal. I ended up buying my wrecked 2015 w/ 5200 miles for $9400 + fees.
Tim

April 2017 I paid 25000.00 denim bill out the door, including 5 year service plan. We started at 28k out the door back in Feb 17. I gave the dealership my maximum out the door price with my phone number. I walked out and said any day you want a 100% sell on a bike call me for 25k. I then visited the dealership once a week and sometimes on the weekends. I let ever sales man know I had and offer with my number. Towards the end of April, on a Thursday, I received a call and purchased the bike. Funny thing is, when I got there, the salesman tried to talk me into the gloss black, for 25k, and tried to take away the 5 year service plan. I started to walk out, the manager came down shook my hand and the deal was final. I am happy. Actually, gave 20899 for the bike.

April 2017 I paid 25000.00 denim bill out the door, including 5 year service plan. We started at 28k out the door back in Feb 17. I gave the dealership my maximum out the door price with my phone number. I walked out and said any day you want a 100% sell on a bike call me for 25k. I then visited the dealership once a week and sometimes on the weekends. I let ever sales man know I had and offer with my number. Towards the end of April, on a Thursday, I received a call and purchased the bike. Funny thing is, when I got there, the salesman tried to talk me into the gloss black, for 25k, and tried to take away the 5 year service plan. I started to walk out, the manager came down shook my hand and the deal was final. I am happy. Actually, gave 20899 for the bike.

Well done...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luckydevill