Klock Werks at Highway Speeds

Fabiormart, I am 5'10 and I have the 8.5" which actually is only 7.5" above the top of the fairing. I can see over the top, which is good because I have a decal on mine that negates seeing through it. It makes a world of difference and throws the wind a good 6" over my head, around the sides and pushes the front end down on the road at high speeds.

Welcome to the fun Fabiormart. Good luck with your windshield choice thinking the 8.5 would be a good pick.

The vibration with the KW U experienced myself also. I decided to change to Clearview Shields. They are willing to custom made the screen to a 3/16" thickness. That is thicker than stock.

Thank you guys! I´m willing to get the 8'5" KW. I just a little afraid that I will can see above this size.

Ok Fabiormart are you looking for a shield to look through or look over. I prefer looking over mine like most of the people but some like looking through it. I'm running the 10 inch wind splitter from Harley and like it but wish they made a 12 inch sometimes if it's really windy. I'm 6-1 but have a long upper body with shorter legs.

Ok Fabiormart are you looking for a shield to look through or look over. I prefer looking over mine like most of the people but some like looking through it. I'm running the 10 inch wind splitter from Harley and like it but wish they made a 12 inch sometimes if it's really windy. I'm 6-1 but have a long upper body with shorter legs.

TomA I would like to look over the wind shield. So this is my concern about the 8´5", if I can look over the windshield...

How long are you going to be in the states when you come over and where at?? Maybe you can look around and sit on a bike with what your looking for. Just an idea but sometimes seeing is better then guessing. Thinking the 8.5 will work as DL stated before with him being just a little shorter then you.

I will spend 10 days in states, but most of the tome moving from one city to another... Starting in Knoxville TN and leaving from Chicago.

I will try to find some dealer located in Chicago, so I can try to look if it fits well to me.

My concern is need to look through the windshield and due the curves cause some distortions and then a headache.

10 days should give some time to look around how's your English?? Ask the dealer to put a different windshield or find a biker bar and ask to look at their bikes. If you let them know what your looking for most will help willingly. You may pick up on some more ideas and friends while looking.

Great idea... I will try to find some bike bar. Well, my english isn´t perfect but I speak and understand (almost) clearly :)...

Hey folks,

Thanks for the support. I bought the KW 6,5" Black and it fits perfect to my bike and the visual is awesome. With the 8,5" I was unable to look over the windshield mainly in the low speed maneuvers.

At speeds of 60MPH I could ride without glasses, 70 - 75MPH now is very comfortable to maintain this speed. At speeds about 100MPH I felt a fair windy.

IMG_0953.jpgIMG_0954.jpg

I drank the Klockwerks Koolaid today, and MMMMMMMMM MMMMM! Good Koolaid! I went with the 6.5" medium tint. I also topped it off with a PM windshield trim piece.
image.jpg
Like everyone else that saw the light. Buffeting is all but gone. As is the piercing wind noise. It's amazing how much better the stereo sounds now.

Last edited:
Shouldn't interfere with your bars unless you have them over the top of the fairing some how.

Will the 6.5 work with 14"bars ?

It's hard to say you may want to run by the dealer and check out their demo's and see how it will work. Tried to put one that was given to my big brother on his bike while doing his 90,000 mile service and it would fit was hitting his 16" bars. So I would check before I buy

I too am in the market for a new windscreen. My dealer installed a 4.5" HD Windsplitter when I bought the bike. I'm 6'-1", and my head takes a lot of wind at 75+ mph. I was scoping out the Klock Werks 8.5" screen but am concerned about the high profile. Glad to see the pics of an installed 6.5" KW. That looks good. I'll see if they have it in black. The wind doesn't really bother me.... uh it is a motorcycle, but the head buffeting forces you to tighten your neck muscles to remain stable, and after awhile, you can get really stiff and sore. BTW, not sure what the idea of the fairing vent is, but I don't notice any difference at all regardless of if the vent is open or closed.

I started with a 7.5" windsplitter, and wasn't happy with it, went with a 8.5" Memphis Shades and that did the trick! I'm 6'2".

Try our sponsor Clearview Shields in Colorado (I did!) Very good quality and this so they don't vibrate at speed.

I just got a Klock werks I believe its the 6.5" one. I like how it works to help with the head buffering but I look over and thru the windshield and that distortion for the curve is a little annoying. 20151224_134533 [140220].jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469