LED headlight now radio reception is terrible

Quik

Oct 6, 2016
Just installed a LED headlight and the light output is amazing but now my radio reception is terrible. any thoughts? 2017 street glide special

No, its the stock antenna. No radio problems before the headlight install

I spoke to my local Indy guys who are excellent mechanics and technicians. I asked about the replacement LED bulbs, and they told me that people have been complaining about bad reception with the bulbs. They said headlight replacement works much better. The bulbs would've cost roughly $125.00 and the headlight replacement around $400.00 and there would be no issues with reception.
Just curious as to what exactly you installed. I want LED's but I don't want to spend $400.00 on aftermarket, and definitely don't want to spend over $500.00 on a Harley DayMaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed a LED headlight and the light output is amazing but now my radio reception is terrible. any thoughts? 2017 street glide special

which headlight did you put in? I am looking to up grade and would like to avoid potential problems. I am leaning toward the JW Speaker Evo 2

I installed the eagle lights daymaker 8700 gen 2. Blown away by the light output and look of it but if the radio is gonna be crap guess it will be going back. Will call customer service today and see what they say.

Can anyone advise if this radio interference problem exists with a HID kit? That's the direction I'm leaning towards, as I usually don't ride at night, although I have gotten caught in the dark a couple of times. I'm looking for a much better than stock solution that's reasonably priced and without the issue that Quik is expriencing.

I want LED's but I don't want to spend $400.00 on aftermarket, and definitely don't want to spend over $500.00 on a Harley DayMaker.

You can buy the JW Speaker Evo2 for $260 on the internet. It's the same lamp as the HD Daymaker, without the HD badging. JW Speaker builds them for Harley.

I do not use AM/FM radio on my SGS, even removed the OEM antenna off the rear of the bike, so I can't comment on radio performance with the Evo2. However, since it's the same lamp as the Daymaker, radio performance would be the exact same as Harley bikes that ship with it already installed.

I have the JW Speaker Evo 2 with the HD adapter and standard antenna, I have no issue at all. It could be the bulb itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You can buy the JW Speaker Evo2 for $260 on the internet. It's the same lamp as the HD Daymaker, without the HD badging. JW Speaker builds them for Harley.

I do not use AM/FM radio on my SGS, even removed the OEM antenna off the rear of the bike, so I can't comment on radio performance with the Evo2. However, since it's the same lamp as the Daymaker, radio performance would be the exact same as Harley bikes that ship with it already installed.

Thnks for the info! Looks like i will be ordering the JW headlight.

I installed the eagle lights daymaker 8700 gen 2. Blown away by the light output and look of it but if the radio is gonna be crap guess it will be going back. Will call customer service today and see what they say.

Thanks. It's hard to decide on these things without info.

I put in the Harley reflector day maker its 399 vs 599 for the Harley projector day maker and worked on the parts guy and got it for 300 I also put custom dynamics led turn signal bulbs in to and have had zero issues with radio reception and I have the powered hidden antenna . Before I bought my light I was telling the parts guy I was going to get the truck light 7in reflector led head light and he advised me that he have several different guys install non Harley led head lamps and had infotainment issues after they were in stall. My reply to him was B/S you just want to sell me yours and he said no I'm giving you good advice I don't want you to not be happy . Then when I asked about led turn signal bulbs he recommended custom dynamics he said they are better lights easier to install and have a better warranty than the Harley ones and cost about 40 bucks less when you do front and rear . So Harley day maker no issues . My thought I bucked up and bought the bike why not buck up on the head light and I bought it with in 60 days of buying the bike so the light is covered under the factory warranty and my extended warranty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith