Looking to buy the klock werks flare

L1LMONSTA23

Feb 15, 2013
I am going on a run this saturday, the weather will be crappy for the next few days, (so test riding the windshield is out). I was just going to head to harley and buy the 3.5" klock werks flare. I have an '09 sg and i'm 5'8" with long legs (short torso). Should i even bother getting the short flare? Or stick with the stock and then get the 6.5" flare? I also just don't like the look of a windshield at all. So i'd honestly prefer the shorter of the 2. If there won't be much difference, from stock to flare short windshield, i'll probably save the $200. Guess i'm just asking for opinions.

Not sure if this will help make you're decision any easier but I'm 5'5" and have the 6.5" on my Street Glide. I really like this height because it throws the wind up and over / around my head so I get very little wind in the face.

If it were my bike and I had the short stock windshield but was torn between a 3.5" or 6.5" FLARE I would probably go with the 6.5". The reason I would go this route is because with the 3.5" you'll probably honestly get the same amount of wind in the face as you are with the stock windshield. While both FLARE sizes will help add more down force to the front of your bike, I don't feel like the 3.5" would accomplish much in the way of blocking the wind. That's my thoughts on it anyway. I've never ridden with a 3.5" so I'm purely speculating.

Good luck with your decision!

Lindsey :0)

I'm 5'8" and have the Klock Werks 6.5 Flare and love it !! My wife and I noticed a huge difference the first ride we took with it installed. I think you will be very happy with it.

Just ordered a 8.5 Klock Werks from Iron Aces.

I think you'll enjoy it. I am 5'10" and also purchased the 8.5 Klock Werks Flare and love it. It helps a lot on the buffeting but I am trying to decide if I want fork wind deflectors to go with it.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgJust got back from Combs Custom Cycle with my New Klock Werks 8.5 inch windshield. First I would like to say how great the owners at Combs are. Rick and Lori Combs have been in the business for 23 years and they know how to treat people.

After I tried out the 8.5 inch windshield I knew that was the one I wanted and didn't even bother with the 6.5 inch. The handling of the bike improved, because of the down force it gets from the windshield. And normally I wear ear plugs because of the wind and I rode a little over an hour to get home and I wasn't bothered by the wind.

I'm 6'2" because I know some will ask. And pics included, because everyone likes pics.

And in the background that is my 2013 Powerwagon.

The Big Brown truck just dropped off my Klock Werks flare 8.5". Fixing to grab a beer and head out to the garage to install it.

Can't wait to go for a ride and try it out! :)

Now that the riding season is about over I am looking for winter projects.I want a new shield but no where around to test till spring. I am 5'8" what height Klockwerks shield do I need?

Now that the riding season is about over I am looking for winter projects.I want a new shield but no where around to test till spring. I am 5'8" what height Klockwerks shield do I need?

Raining here today so I can't go for a test ride yet. I can tell you that with the 8.5" and me being 5' 10" I look right over the top of the windshield when seated on the bike. Perfect height for me.

Can't wait to do a real test!

I'm 5'8" and have the Klock Werks 6.5 Flare and love it !! My wife and I noticed a huge difference the first ride we took with it installed. I think you will be very happy with it.

I guess if I would have looked closer to previous posts I would have found my answer! :)

Raining here today so I can't go for a test ride yet. I can tell you that with the 8.5" and me being 5' 10" I look right over the top of the windshield when seated on the bike. Perfect height for me.

Can't wait to do a real test!

For me the 8.5" is great! Most of the wind noise/buffeting is gone. I still get a little wind but I think some of it is coming from underneath the bat wing. I'd definitely recommend the 8.5" for 5' 10" riders such as myself. I can hear my radio much better and have significantly less wind noise! :)

I'm 6', the 8.5 and fork deflectors make it so calm, you could smoke going down the interstate

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith