Looking to buy the klock werks flare

Okay guys I need some help on this windshield discussion. I'm just about 5'11" and I put the Klock Werks 6.5 on my SGS. On the highways around here things were good at speeds at 65 and under. Today I was on the interstate at 75 and I got beat to death, could not hear anything but my pipes. I got home and was darn near deaf from wind noise. SO, I'm thinking the 8.5 windshield but I'm seeing y'all talking deflectors. Are these on your forks or the fairing deflectors? Any other suggestions are very welcome.

Definitely the 8.5 in my opinion. The deflectors I'm referring to are the fork deflectors.

I have the fork deflectors and the fairing deflectors and they work really good. If you search on here there is a thread about them with the part numbers you will need with or without the passing lights as those fork deflectors are different.

How well does the 8.5 klockwerks hold its shape at speed? Bought a HD shield and it chatters a certain speeds.

I have had no problems with mine. It is very well made and thicker than the HD windshield.

I have a 10 inch wind splitter and it doesn't hardly move and I have had it in some really terrible winds. If the shield is moving I would check how its mounted. Also if it's just the noise have you checked the fairing vent these seem to give off noise and may need the update repair.

Looking to buy the klock werks flare

I just ordered a 17" ClearViewShield. That is a medium size and equals the 8.5" KlockWerks size. Used the discount code from this forum and got 10% off. I mailed back and forth several times and came to the conclusion that ClearViewShields really Rock!! After explaining my concern about the vibration of the 1/8" ClearViewShield being thinner than the stock-so-low-shield which seems to be 3/16" thick. Andy from customer service ClearViewShields told me he will manufacture a 3/16" 17" recured top dark smoked for me specially. Isn't that awesome? At no extra cost!! Wow man, that is really great!! Happy that I took Mojo's trail... ;) to ClearViewShields. Will have a darksmoke shield, no vibration and no buffeting. Can't wait to get it installed. Must wait 15-20 days before international shipment, But It 'll be worth waiting for.

The KW i got was actually thinner than the original. 1/8" in stead of 3/16"
Got a 3/16" ClearViewShield now. That is... Awaiting to be delivered. .,
I used the experience on this forum to decide to go for the KW . But it seems they make em thinner these days. Resulting in vibrations and leaving customers...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith