Loud Noise

cc424

Mar 9, 2016
I recently done a stage 1 upgrade to my 2016 SGS. (V&H Dresser Duals, Twin Slash rounds, and a Screaming Eagle Ventilator)

I thought I had issues with the initial install because there was a loss of power. Turns out, I had the 02 sensors switched. Now after things have settled, I'm noticing a loud knocking noise from the front of the motor. Not sure if this is normal or something wrong with the sled. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ok, so I did the lighter test and determined there is an exhaust leak from the front header. I used the gaskets that came with the dresser duals...should I use the harley ones instead?

I'm sure either gasket works fine. Practice putting the header on a few times so you don't damage the gaskets, then pop in new exhaust gaskets and install it for good.

When I ran the dresser duals on my 2015 SGS, I experienced a knocking noise which turned out to be e front header pipe making contact with the floorboard mounting bracket. Check to see how much clearance you have between the header pipe and floorboard mounting bracket. It can easily be overlooked, but if you look closely, you might see evidence in the form of the black powder coating worn through on the bracket.

You might also check your header flange bolts to see they are torqued to spec. They have a way of loosening over time.

Thanks, appreciate the replies... looked again today and it was the front flange bolts. One was missing and the other one was loose... 11 cents at Home Depot and I'm back in business!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith