Made the plunge...

MKA_5966

Jul 6, 2016
This was the perfect month to finally make a deal and purchase of a 2017 SGS in Vivid Black. Struck the deal last Saturday and finalized yesterday.

I decided to keep it all HD and do everything all at once. they should have it ready in a week or so.

• Chrome Enforcer wheels (f&r)
  • Chrome front end
  • Street Cannon 4.5" mufflers with slant tips
  • CVO extended bags
  • Docking kit, bar and pad

With the weather here in the midwest so bad (Ice storm all weekend forecasted) and below freezing temps, i'm in no hurry! Go KC Chiefs

Sounds like a nice set up - Congrats, I also made a great deal in December and upgraded from my 14 SGS to a 17 CVO just to put 110 or so miles then put it under the cover, so now it looks the same as the 14 in my garage, but the 1st payment I just made says differently!!!

Welcome to the Forum, they will help you spend money on and off season!

MKA_5966- Congrats to you, I did the same on a SGS in Velocity Red. I added factory lowers and pretty much everything bling from my 2014 except exhaust and sound system.

Welcome to the fun. I would warn you about hiding your wallet but it looks like you already have the sickness lol. Mod's are how we make our own so have fun with it and we shall support you in the quest.

Welcome to the fun. I would warn you about hiding your wallet but it looks like you already have the sickness lol. Mod's are how we make our own so have fun with it and we shall support you in the quest.
Thanks for the support. The wife isn't going to be much...

Last edited:
I also made the plunge about six weeks ago. The dealer said the bike left the factory on 1-6-17 and it still is not here. Does anybody out there know about how long it takes a truck to deliver once it leaves the factory? Just trying to make plans and also getting excited

Won't think it would take all that long.

I was fortunate that the dealer I bought mine from had plenty (20+) to pick and choose from. Did you order it with additional factory installed parts?

I also took the plunge this month. Traded in my '08 Street Glide. I love this bike and will probably keep it for the rest of my life. I'm 63 now and plan on living a long time. I've had many great bikes in my 43 years. I haven't been with out one in those years either. I road on dads Harley's to flat track races when I was 10 years old. I've had a wonderful life.

Well, at 67- I "re-took" the plunge and bought a new 2017. When I ride, I don't need music, cell phones or texting. For me, riding is like Prozac on 2 wheels! And riding with friends is even better.:cool:

Finished product. Turned out excellent. Gets delivered to my door this Friday with all the takeoffs as well. Would have loved riding it home but not in the 20's.

20170129_020036000_iOS.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469