Mean green

Look where I went today
56f788a8d23f61adfef5ebeaee690db2.jpg

And- I really love this bike-
73d38c1b57c445d0ce3dc3c6b02b5dec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! Did you load up the saddlebags with supplies? Did you bump into FarmBoy there also! Bike looks good. I'm diggin' the driver backrest

Blues

Last edited:
Mandrew, That bike sure looks good in front of the shop. Looks like I just missed you. I was at the dealer picking up the connector for my LP lights. My riding buddy Dale said that sure was a sharp looking bike you have. Hope you don't get caught in the rain before you get home. Been tough finding some sunshine to ride in around here lately.

Yep- missed farmboy today. Nice shop- nice stock. I'm sure I'll check it out again; maybe I'll catch you another time.

I really lucked out with the weather. Rode on some wet roads, but didn't see any rain all morning. Every time I stopped, I would check the forecast- and every time it said I was about to get wet... But, I stayed dry, so I kept riding.

It took me a bit over four hours, but I was able to install this cool fairing trim piece......
image.jpg

Since I had the outer fairing halfway off, I figured it was a good time to run the wires and install new heated grips.... And if I was going to switch the grips, I might as well change the bars.

So, grips now have heat, I can use my backrest and comfortably reach them, and I have a new fairing trim....

Last edited:
It took me a bit over four hours, but I was able to install this cool fairing trim piece......
View attachment 6198

Since I had the outer fairing halfway off, I figured it was a good time to run the wires and install new heated grips.... And if I was going to switch the grips, I might as well change the bars.

So, grips now have heat, I can use my backrest and comfortably reach them, and I have a new fairing trim....

Its really strange how one little piece of trim can cause so much trouble. :)

Looks good!

David

Mandrew, Looks good! Your gonna like the heated grips and I guess the HD RR bars worked out for you.

Mandrew, Looks good! Your gonna like the heated grips and I guess the HD RR bars worked out for you.

Yes, I'm still astounded by how bars that look so similar in dimension can have such a different result on the bike. After riding in to work today, I think I'll push the bars up and back a bit to find the sweet spot for me.

Great looking bike! Great thing about Harley's is, it's a blank canvas. Customize it to your own tastes.
I never tire of looking at what others do to theirs!

Baylor fan, maybe?

I'll cheer for Baylor, but I simply like those colors.
I told my painter "I like black and gold, green and black, and green and gold, but I'm not sure what I really want for the bike," and he did the rest....

I installed this sweetness from Custom Saddlebag Liners last night. I think I might need to get one of their tethers too.

0001f874e38c2b1a1b3b11cdce6d74bf.jpg

Mean green

Mandrew
Seeing how you did some powder coating on the front end already let me recommend that you also have your headlight retaining ring powder coated to match.
I have a Vivid black SGS with the same headlight as you and it looks a lot better with that retaining ring blacked out to match the rest of the headlight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435341447.286809.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435341465.735759.jpg

Get on your bad motor scooter and ride

Last edited:
Thanks- I've been pondering whether I should complete the no-chrome look on the front, or leave that tiny bit.

I like the way your headlight looks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dual Bag