Mean green

Mandrew

Feb 14, 2015
Started as a mysterious red SGS. Had the tins and engine modified before I took delivery. image.jpg

Couple of starting pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Decided to powder coat a few parts, including the engine guard and turn signal brackets. Now that I have smoked lenses, the front end blends very well.
Then: image.jpg
Now: image.jpg
Also powder coated the sissy bar and grab rail, then removed the whip antenna. Now, if the snow and ice will clear, I can get more riding in.

Bike looks great, love the paint job. I'm also looking to get some part powder coated. Engine guard was one I had my eye on, I like the look.

Mandrew...........Looks very sharp. I'm just down the road in Olathe. Who did the powder coating for you? Did he do the front forks? I'm thinking of getting mine done also.
Don't know if I should buy replacements I see on Ebay already coated or take mine off and have them done.
Thanks, Mike

Farmboy,
Hobby Monster Customs on Tonganoxie did the powder coat for me. I was/am very pleased with their work and customer service. You should be able to find his web page- he has pictures of a slick red and black bike he worked on.
Also, my painter, Chris at CC Custom Graphics, is in North Kansas City. He recently added powder coating to his services.
I recommend both businesses- check them out and see which one works best for you.

beautiful paint!

Very sharp

Sent from the mobile leash

Thank you. It has been a pretty cool experience. When I started all I knew was that I didn't want one of Harley's paint schemes, and that I like green and black. I gave Chris a couple photos of motorcycles that caught my eye so he could get a feel for my taste- he created a couple of concept sketches and helped me find exactly the colors I wanted- and then he took it from there.

Bike looks great, love the paint job. I'm also looking to get some part powder coated. Engine guard was one I had my eye on, I like the look.

I think powder coating those few pieces made a huge difference. Granted, I loved it before, but it just keeps getting sexier.
Plus, it was much more affordable than buying new black parts from HD.

Farmboy,
Hobby Monster Customs on Tonganoxie did the powder coat for me. I was/am very pleased with their work and customer service. You should be able to find his web page- he has pictures of a slick red and black bike he worked on.
Also, my painter, Chris at CC Custom Graphics, is in North Kansas City. He recently added powder coating to his services.
I recommend both businesses- check them out and see which one works best for you.

Mandrew,
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. I happen to own the Olathe Gun Shop. If your in the area cruising stop by some time.
Mike

Mandrew,
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. I happen to own the Olathe Gun Shop. If your in the area cruising stop by some time.
Mike

Mike, I certainly will stop by sometime- probably not this weekend though....

I have a daymaker and garage door transmitter ready for install this weekend- or maybe I will install them another time so I can enjoy the clear weather this weekend.

I have a daymaker and garage door transmitter ready for install this weekend- or maybe I will install them another time so I can enjoy the clear weather this weekend.

Yeah, looks like some nice weather coming this next week. My bikes tore apart, should of started this a month ago.
Oh well.

e have 4 inches of snw right now - high Thursday about 65 !

Look what came in the mail today- after an extra long wait-
67f24b83ec7a06e007da276f11ccf5d9.jpg

d8d8c49d0880e6d93b3d8cd5583df16a.jpg

5906a4d10ea5e8e79819371e94168826.jpg

Rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast for the next several days- let's hope the meteorologist is wrong and I'll be able to start breaking it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My initial impressions:
Seat looks great.
It is firmer and more supportive than the stock seat- I think it will be very comfortable on long rides.
I sit higher and slightly more forward than stock.

Corbin shaved the nose and might have shaved the seat height. I told them my main concern was having a lower reach to the ground. While this seat may be lower than a normal Corbin seat, it is not lower than the stock Harley seat. In fact, I think the Corbin seat raised me up some.
I'm looking forward to putting miles on it to see how it feels on those great long ride days. However, I'm not real keen on the higher seat position.... I'll post more later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067