Mid-Frame Heat shields

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
For those of you with M8 Street Glides. When I "de-blinged" my 2014 to transfer the parts to my 2017, I discovered the Mid -Frame Heat shields wouldn't work on the right side because the engine head sits too close to the bolt/fastener on the frame to install. But, after seeing these installed on new Ultras at the dealer I found out that there is a different version/part # for 2017's. Sure enough, they went on in a breeze! I'm sure you can "re-engineer" older style but I chose to for go that route. Just sayin . . . . . :cool:
MFHS.png

When I put mine on my 17 from my 12 I had problems too. I ended up shortening up the bolt and was finally able to get it installed. It was a bugger.

Yes when I traded in my 2011 they told me that it was different from the ones on my old bike.

Want to sell your old one from the 14 ?
For those of you with M8 Street Glides. When I "de-blinged" my 2014 to transfer the parts to my 2017, I discovered the Mid -Frame Heat shields wouldn't work on the right side because the engine head sits too close to the bolt/fastener on the frame to install. But, after seeing these installed on new Ultras at the dealer I found out that there is a different version/part # for 2017's. Sure enough, they went on in a breeze! I'm sure you can "re-engineer" older style but I chose to for go that route. Just sayin . . . . . :cool:
View attachment 12061

Dang couldn't find them on amazon but if I called them the correct name may have helped. Thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469