Music from a USB

DebbieW

May 17, 2016
So I transferred a bunch of music to a USB drive and plugged it in so that I could listen to it. The screen kept saying "authenticating". Is there something I need to do to make it work? I am leaving on a long trip on Saturday and want the option to listen to music on the USB drive. There are about 40 songs on it.

I figured it out. I tried it on a smaller USB drive and it played instantly. I guess smaller is better in this case. :)

Yea, they can be finicky speed of the drive and amount it has to cache needs to be played with. Then folders are another world lol.

Additional troubleshooting for some who are having similar issues with them not working...

I noticed that the thumb drive I was using had some encryption software on it that was saved in a folder. This confused the bike and would play anything, as it tried to open that folder. Deleted it and it's worked fine ever since.

I have over 400 songs on that drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had problems with cheaper no-name drives, especially larger capacity, 64 Gb. Now I use a 32 Gb SanDisc almost always, without trouble. Also, these units aren't like your laptop, they will not recognize the folders as albums if you've made and tagged them yourself. They come on the screen as "unknown artist". If I want to play stuff I recorded myself I put a number in front of each song in sequential order when tagging. It can be a small pain in the a$$, but at least I know what order the tunes will be playing.

I have had problems with cheaper no-name drives, especially larger capacity, 64 Gb. Now I use a 32 Gb SanDisc almost always, without trouble. Also, these units aren't like your laptop, they will not recognize the folders as albums if you've made and tagged them yourself. They come on the screen as "unknown artist". If I want to play stuff I recorded myself I put a number in front of each song in sequential order when tagging. It can be a small pain in the a$$, but at least I know what order the tunes will be playing.

I put numbers in front of every song and it only works for some. No idea why. I really think I am technically challenged.

If you want your songs to show up with the correct name then you need to put the USB drive back into the computer and on each song that does not show up you have to
1.Right click on that song with your mouse
2.Click on properties
3.Click on details
4.Go to Title and add the Name of the song and if the Artist is not showing up go to Contributing Artist and add the name of the Artist
5.Click on Apply and OK
The Artist and name of the song will show up on the Radio in the proper folder instead of unknown Artist folder

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77