My FP3 Continuing Education

Sealion

Feb 18, 2018
I thought I would share what I just learned about the FP3. Many of you probably already know this, but it was new to me.

I first tuned my bike with everything stock. Over the weekend, I added my Cobra 909 slip-ons. I had written to V&H and was told to use the V&H Eliminator 400 slip-ons, standard baffle map and to set the throttle progressivity to 'Aggressive' (knew not to do that from reading this forum).

I noticed when I mapped the new setting, the air filter setting was changed from stock to high flow. This concerned me because I had not changed the air cleaner and I could not find a way to adjust it. So I wrote back to V&H and got this response (on a Sunday morning even):

All the maps are for high flow air cleaners, but will run well with a stock intake as well. After flashing, the ECU's fuel trims are cleared and over the first 1-2 tanks of fuel the map will be corrected. It will dial the fuel back for the stock intake.

Sounds like the ECU is smarter than I thought it was.

I had similiar setup when I bought my bike it had stock air filter and been auto tuned Fp3 bike had flat spots . After installing a Arlen ness big sucker under stock cover and Fp3 re tune for High flow filter, power duals .. bike has true duals and monster rounds slip ons 2 tanks of gas tune recommendations from V&H and it’s a new bike. Sounds great and rips hard 2014 streetglide special denim black. A high flow air filter / Cleaner setup is well worth it the stock pancake filter and small opening is Cali stuff. Genders performance It now runs like a scalded cheetah love it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller