Narrow primary cover question

16FLHXS

Feb 28, 2016
I want to black out the engine, and want the primary cover to match the wrinkle finish rather than the gloss black harley offers, has anyone had success with wrinkle black powder coating matching the stock wrinkle, or do i have to wait till they finally release a wrinkle black narrow primary cover for the 16's.

Having a gloss black cover would just bother the crap out of me. Thanks for your answers guys.

I can't speak to powder coating but I do know that Harley carries (or has in the past) the wrinkle finish in a spray bomb can. It's that same finish as on the engine. They also have a flat black spray for transmissions and inner primaries and such. I have used both in various places on my street rod. If you were to go that route use a good etching primer for proper adhesion.

There are wrinkle finishes avaliable as well as PC ones on ebay. I have seen several of the powder coated Parts in person and they look great but my guess application is key

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm sure most powder coaters can match or come very close to oem wrinkle....my PC guy was able to match other people's I've seen.

Thanks for the insight guys, I am thinking i will delay the blackout till winter, see if a wrinkle one gets made, as well as i have time to find a proper PC guy in my area if the MoCo doesnt make one.
Then i can get more parts done at the same time.

Thanks guys, i appreciate the replies, i love to see the different ideas how to achieve the same or similar results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave