Need some advice on the WHIM/boombox/20s evo wireless headset...

pizz

Nov 30, 2016
Had the WHIM fitted by the dealer,I also bought the HD 20s evo headset thinking it is plug n play,so it should be ok.. I'm having problems with the setup..,I can put my helmet on switch on the headset and then with the IGN switch set to either IGN or ACC and playing music...every thing is good,loud and clear,I need to cut the volume back as it is too loud,but once I start the bike the volume is reduced drastically and I can hear a lot of interference...The dealer cannot work out how to fix the problem,the only training they have had was when they opened the boxes to fit the WHIM to my bike and followed the instruction sheets....The first headset had to be replaced as it slowly died and would not do any thing other than to pair to the bike..
I have updated software for the boom box,wireless headset and so far there has been one update for the WHIM

When you say the boom box then has to be flashed by the dealer after the WHIM is fitted,what is meant by flashed?..Is it just a software update to the boom box or does the Dealer have software that needs to be installed so the whole system works as normal
Any help will be appreciated as both the Dealer and myself are ripping our hair out trying to solve the problem
Cheerz

When you start the bike and play music if you are still getting the interference press the silver button once on the sena headset and that will move the sound to stereo as it seems like you are in mono
In relation to the noice dropping this is due to you having the noise level set to sensitive . When set like this any noice causes the sena to reduce the music you are playing. To get great help in setting it all up head over to
Lawabidingbiker.com probably the best info available and used by the dealers
Just search for boom box and sena setup

Thanks for the advice Sandsy...The dealer eventually replaced the infotainment unit,which was an improvement but the helmet speakers I felt were not up to scratch,so I removed them and now use ear buds...but I will try your suggestion .
I realize I will not get a sound system in my helmet as good as my lounge room system,but even with the new head unit and ear phones in my helmet it still didn't cut it,perhaps I expect too much..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
properMisfit