Need some advise!

gas63

May 28, 2013
I have a 2012 SG, bought used under warranty.(Factory bike with Rineheart Racing exhaust) This SG has 8600 miles. With no problems, I went ahead and did a 10000 mile service at the dealer.
After the service I bought a Heavy duty breather. Installed it a took bike back to the dealer for remapping. Took bike back home 20miles, I didnt ride for about a month, took out for a spin and it started to smoke on the downshift and at stops, not just a litttle smoke. Call dealer they said to bring back in to have it checked, they checked it out and said no evident problem was found and they tested everything that would cause smoke. Drove home and started smoking again, not all the time just at stops. Needing advise, this is my first HD and right now not to happy with the service.
If anybody in the NC Pender county area would like to take it for a spin give me a call. I would like it checked out someone thats an expert, Im not trusting the dealer anymore.
Greg 9102704807

Last edited:
Update:
I found out looking at the original breather assuming it was factory(which was not after having dealer parts dept look at it)the SE Heavy breather kit allows the factory breather bolts to be used, Yes it was not factory bolts. So dealer installed factory breather bolts and i do not have the smoking problem now.
Problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90