Need to purchase amp for more power

Jeff22

Jan 22, 2019
I have a 2011 SG and I want to purchase an amp so I can hear my music going down the highway. I may or may not change speakers, what is an inexpensive bur decent amp to purchase?

If your going to add an amp you have to add new speakers. The stock speakers won't handle anymore power and they are junk. There are a bunch of places you can buy plug and play systems. I have the Soundz bagger audio set up and have no problem hearing my tunes at 80mph.

I just bought a 2013 SG with a biketronics amp and 4 speakers, it did not operate when I purchased the bike so when I took apart to see whats up ,( it was a dead amp with blown fuse) I saw lifetime guarantee on the amp cover, I called Biketronics, spoke with the owner who walked me through a troubleshooting procedure, he said the amp is dead, send it back, I packaged it up, sent back and 3 weeks later received my amp back. the system kicks ass, he said they had an upgrade on the harness and sent that as well, free of charge, he even picked up the shipping tab. Great product, made in the USA, great service. I highly recommend Biketronics.

I just bought a 2013 SG with a biketronics amp and 4 speakers, it did not operate when I purchased the bike so when I took apart to see whats up ,( it was a dead amp with blown fuse) I saw lifetime guarantee on the amp cover, I called Biketronics, spoke with the owner who walked me through a troubleshooting procedure, he said the amp is dead, send it back, I packaged it up, sent back and 3 weeks later received my amp back. the system kicks ass, he said they had an upgrade on the harness and sent that as well, free of charge, he even picked up the shipping tab. Great product, made in the USA, great service. I highly recommend Biketronics.

I'll second this, I have their speakers in my 2014 FLHX and the radio wrap kit is on the way, the lifetime warranty did it for me and their customer service is always great.

Wow. I just looked at both sites recommended here,
No doubt they are very nice systems, but holy cow! That’s a whole lotta money for some tunes. There has to be a decent setup out there that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I would like a little
louder and crisper than my stock unit on my ‘17SGS , but not willing to spend $2000to get there. I’m sure I can round up an amp and speakers for around $5-700 to give what I want. I like music, but I don’t need a concert hall on two wheels.

Wow. I just looked at both sites recommended here,
No doubt they are very nice systems, but holy cow! That’s a whole lotta money for some tunes. There has to be a decent setup out there that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I would like a little
louder and crisper than my stock unit on my ‘17SGS , but not willing to spend $2000to get there. I’m sure I can round up an amp and speakers for around $5-700 to give what I want. I like music, but I don’t need a concert hall on two wheels.

Try J&m . I had one of their 500w 4 speaker systems and really liked it.

Tell him you are a member here and you might get a discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith