New gts stereo

jlasersmith

Jan 6, 2018
Anybody know if the new stereo can be swapped for the old boom stereo?

Looks like they finally made a decent head unit.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

All of the videos, reviews, etc. That I've seen so far seem to indicate that they cant be swapped. At least not until someone figures out a work around to make it work. :confused:

I betcha if you give it some time, maybe 6 months to a year, they will have these available in the older models like my '14 FLHXS. Why do I say that, becuase that is where Harley makes lot's of money: ON AFTERMARKET BOLT ONS. I must at least 10K in chrome, suspension etc due to buying a stock bike and then adding all of the goodies. Also, I betcha if you even wait longer, that BLUE TOOTH will be built into these head units. That is when I will upgrade! God Bless All and ride safe
MikeR

My local Service Tech told me NO it can not . Said that the 2019 are wired different.

Might be wired different but how many millions of $$$ would harley make if
all prior models could be modified. They are not going to pass that up.
Harley is above all a business company.

Might be wired different but how many millions of $$$ would harley make if
all prior models could be modified. They are not going to pass that up.
Harley is above all a business company.

They will make more money by selling you a new Bike, it's no different than what the car company's do.

it can be swapped but you need a different harness, youtube its harley radio swap, you'll find a video pertaining to it.

done it in my 15 SGS...works bitchen. Used the SOUNDZ module. Very nice set up plug and play. You just have to school your dealer on how to flash the radio with the digital technician. My nav didn't initially work and i went back and they figured it out. All good and it looks as good as it works.
Tim

:cool: I hate to say it but I TOLD YOU SO! Someone or Harley would do it. 30 yrs playing with Harleys and either they or someone makes a go-around all the time. The American Way!!

This will make a lot of folks happy! And, Spazz one of SGF's Admins is an authorized Soundz Dealer!

soundz.png

Mojo: Now watch: Harley will buy the module from sounds and sounds will make $$$. How great is that! That is what happened many moons ago when Harley saw where a person created the "soft tail" back in the 80's. I believe he received a stipened for every bike they sold! How great is that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allhistory