New Travel Luggage AGM Voyager

graywolfhd

Aug 7, 2014
Here is a link to a new bag I am trying out on my trip to Sturgis. Company began in 1989 in Germany. In 2014 they hit the US market and I saw them at the IMS event in my area. Was pretty impressed with quality and size of bag especially for traveling two up. It comes with a 10 year warranty l. It lists for $349.99 and I purchased mine on Amazon fron the manufacturer for $280 I will report back on how it fared. I will have it on seat behind me so it should make a nice back rest as I have mocked it up. Anyone seen one or have one? http://agmbags.com/collections/all-...eral-weatherproof-tough-motorcycle-bag-20-gal

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Here is a link to a new bag I am trying out on my trip to Sturgis. Company began in 1989 in Germany. In 2014 they hit the US market and I saw them at the IMS event in my area. Was pretty impressed with quality and size of bag especially for traveling two up. It comes with a 10 year warranty l. It lists for $349.99 and I purchased mine on Amazon fron the manufacturer for $280 I will report back on how it fared. I will have it on seat behind me so it should make a nice back rest as I have mocked it up. Anyone seen one or have one? http://agmbags.com/collections/all-...eral-weatherproof-tough-motorcycle-bag-20-gal

uploadfromtaptalk1437821251273.jpg

Looks like a good one. I've used a Viking bag for the past couple of years. Works pretty well.

Looks like a nice bag. The only issue I might see is if you use it on the rear seat like you mentioned. The ends may "sag" a bit off the narrow seat and rub on the saddlebag lids. I've had that happen with a couple different bags on my '01 Police bike. Stiff bag bottoms are a must on those wide bags if used on the rear seat.

I have a couple riding buddies that use the old T-bags Dekker Supreme. Since '09, I've been using a used detachable Tour Pak (very handy) and a T-bag Dekker Supreme bag for the luggage rack on top of the Tour Pak. View attachment 7033 The newer version appears to be similar.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/800-069
It has 1" rigid foam inserts in the bottom, sides and top that are removeable. The bottom piece keeps the bag from sagging. Stiffens up the bag and protects fragile items like cameras and electronics. Plenty of room, especially when coupled with the Tour Pak!

It's around $200, but I bought one off eBay brand new for $100.
Even has two zippered on/off detachable "fanny pack" side wings for additional storage of items that may need to be on the go with you when off the bike (holster, phone, sunscreen, electronics, etc).

I use it every year for my Myrtle Beach bike week trip with plenty of room to spare (only pack for me, though).

Here's the newer version which is on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Y5AO40/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001NFRFO0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00DXSZ2ZA8XW726Y9S09

41im-h-Re7L._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice bag. The only issue I might see is if you use it on the rear seat like you mentioned. The ends may "sag" a bit off the narrow seat and rub on the saddlebag lids. I've had that happen with a couple different bags on my '01 Police bike. Stiff bag bottoms are a must on those wide bags if used on the rear seat.

I have a couple riding buddies that use the old T-bags Dekker Supreme. Since '09, I've been using a used detachable Tour Pak (very handy) and a T-bag Dekker Supreme bag for the luggage rack on top of the Tour Pak. View attachment 7033 The newer version appears to be similar.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/800-069
It has 1" rigid foam inserts in the bottom, sides and top that are removeable. The bottom piece keeps the bag from sagging. Stiffens up the bag and protects fragile items like cameras and electronics. Plenty of room, especially when coupled with the Tour Pak!

It's around $200, but I bought one off eBay brand new for $100.
Even has two zippered on/off detachable "fanny pack" side wings for additional storage of items that may need to be on the go with you when off the bike (holster, phone, sunscreen, electronics, etc).

I use it every year for my Myrtle Beach bike week trip with plenty of room to spare (only pack for me, though).

Here's the newer version which is on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00DXSZ2ZA8XW726Y9S09

View attachment 7034
This is what we use.......hard to believe we need both saddlebags, the tourpack and then this damn thing.....trust me everytime I try to tell the wife let's just go without this bag she convinces me that we "Need" it.......oh well the joys of 32 years of wedded bliss:D

Graywolfhd, looks like a nice unit. Should do nicely.
Paul76k, I always say better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Plus you and I know that a wife is usually right.

Once again I'm Old School. I have been using these two 12"x24 round duffle bags for years. Inside the bottom bag is an 8"x22"-3/16" piece of luan ply that has rounded corners and edges. To the bottom of this board I have attached stand offs with slots that match my luggage rack. The standoff a also raises the bag an inch so the hard bags will open. Set the bag on the rack and attach with two bungies. No moving no sagging. On top of that can be added another bag of equal or smaller size. Inside the big bags I have several smaller duffles packed accordingly each wrapped in a kitchen garbage bag for state of the art water proofing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
New Travel Luggage AGM Voyager

Blues, I like what you've done with the slotted stand off board to stabilize and raise the bags to prevent rubbing your saddlebag lids. On my March trip to Daytona Bike Week I realized my HD bag sitting on the passengers seat had scuffed the clear coat on one bag lid. Actually it probably happened when I'd open that lid repeatedly and of course the zippered side panels were expanded to get more gear inside. I must find a way to prevent this in the future and for now the clear coat in a thumb print size needs some 3M Scratch Remover or ???. Any suggestions to gently address clear coat scuffs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Blues, I like what you've done with the slotted stand off board to stabilize and raise the bags to prevent rubbing your saddlebag lids. On my March trip to Daytona Bike Week I realized my HD bag sitting on the passengers seat had scuffed the clear coat on one bag lid. Actually it probably happened when I'd open that lid repeatedly and of course the zippered side panels were expanded to get more gear inside. I must find a way to prevent this in the future and for now the clear coat in a thumb print size needs some 3M Scratch Remover or ???. Any suggestions to gently address clear coat scuffs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Available at the HD parts count is a Sharpie style clear coat scratch fuller pen for just such occasions.

I realized my HD bag sitting on the passengers seat had scuffed the clear coat on one bag lid.

Yep, same thing happened to me. Police bike was Birch White so a generous coating of wax helped out but I could see it a mile away....... not many other people could.

If original poster goes with a bag on the back seat........ beware of "sag".

Blues..... that's a great idea, there.

Last edited:

Thats a big bag....but if my wife road with me, I don't think it would be big enough...lucky for me, when I got my SGS I ordered the chopped tour pak and if needed I have a leather Harley T-bag by SAC. Its a real nice, sturdy bag that doesn't sag. I used it a lot when I had my Heritage Classic.

IMG_2258.jpgIMG_2260.jpg

Thats a big bag....but if my wife road with me, I don't think it would be big enough...lucky for me, when I got my SGS I ordered the chopped tour pak and if needed I have a leather Harley T-bag by SAC. Its a real nice, sturdy bag that doesn't sag. I used it a lot when I had my Heritage Classic.

View attachment 7078View attachment 7079

Available at the HD parts count is a Sharpie style clear coat scratch fuller pen for just such occasions.

Thanks Blues. I'll locate this product and give it a try. My scuff is noticeable on vivid black paint but not deep at all.

The bag performed flawlessly... mounted up really easily.. and kept its shspe the whole time plus was comfortable to lean against on the way out and on the way back 4100 plus miles in 12 days

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith