Oberon Levers

ArizonaKid

Aug 18, 2023
Mesa, AZ
Probably a tired subject, but what the heck. I have relatively small hands and wanted/needed to swap out the levers on my 22 Street Glide ST, so after doing some research I made the decision to go with the Oberon Custom levers at about $200 on sale at Tucker Speed. They arrived in about 5 weeks from the UK and installation was pretty straight forward and not difficult at all as long as you take your time and can negotiate wrestling with the clutch cable and the very small cir-clips that hold the pivot pins in place (most cir-clip pliers are too big for the holes in the clips, but fortunately I had some that worked). Anyway, after riding a couple hundred miles with them installed (city traffic and on the road) here are my impressions. Even on the closest setting of the clutch lever it's actually just a little closer to the grip than the OEM lever, but that little bit helps. At that same setting, the lever does trigger the microswitch so I can start the bike in gear when I want/need to - no problem. The fit and finish of the levers is excellent. They fit tight and adjust easily and are obviously quality pieces (which you pay for). The feel of the levers is very different than stock. I chose the Custom model since they're a little wider and rounder than the other two versions, and pretty similar to the stock levers. The overall shape of the levers is quite different, however, and took some getting used to, but I like them a lot in the end. FOR ME (smaller hands) they're perfect, and their adjustability is the a big plus. There are several other brands of adjustable levers for HD touring bikes to choose from and these Oberons are in the middle, price wise, and are working very well for me. You can choose lever color, as well as adjustment knob color, so you can match whatever color scheme you like - another plus. Ride safe - rubber side down!

Reactions: BillyBob
Probably a tired subject, but what the heck. I have relatively small hands and wanted/needed to swap out the levers on my 22 Street Glide ST, so after doing some research I made the decision to go with the Oberon Custom levers at about $200 on sale at Tucker Speed. They arrived in about 5 weeks from the UK and installation was pretty straight forward and not difficult at all as long as you take your time and can negotiate wrestling with the clutch cable and the very small cir-clips that hold the pivot pins in place (most cir-clip pliers are too big for the holes in the clips, but fortunately I had some that worked). Anyway, after riding a couple hundred miles with them installed (city traffic and on the road) here are my impressions. Even on the closest setting of the clutch lever it's actually just a little closer to the grip than the OEM lever, but that little bit helps. At that same setting, the lever does trigger the microswitch so I can start the bike in gear when I want/need to - no problem. The fit and finish of the levers is excellent. They fit tight and adjust easily and are obviously quality pieces (which you pay for). The feel of the levers is very different than stock. I chose the Custom model since they're a little wider and rounder than the other two versions, and pretty similar to the stock levers. The overall shape of the levers is quite different, however, and took some getting used to, but I like them a lot in the end. FOR ME (smaller hands) they're perfect, and their adjustability is the a big plus. There are several other brands of adjustable levers for HD touring bikes to choose from and these Oberons are in the middle, price wise, and are working very well for me. You can choose lever color, as well as adjustment knob color, so you can match whatever color scheme you like - another plus. Ride safe - rubber side down!
Iv'e had Oberon (good beer too) levers since 2015. I like them but mine an older model will not engage the start switch in on #4 or lower setting. I'm good with that and I was notified by Oberon before I purchased. Cheers, now I need a beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dakota7557