Oil Leak from Breather Bolts

scuuuba_steve

Feb 4, 2020
Hey all,

I installed a monster sucker air cleaner on my 2015 street glide. I am not sure if the issue is related to this or not, but I am getting a very small oil leak from the breather bolts, as well as the rocker cover bolts. I did some research and it says my SG could be having a hard time "breathing" so I checked my air cleaner and wasn't sure if this was part of the issue.

IMG_1662.jpg

I had left this support bracket installed on my air cleaner. I checked some installation videos and half of them remove it and the other half leave it. I went ahead and removed it, but can anyone confirm if this could be the cause? If not, do you have any suggestions of what the problem could be?

Steve-
I installed the OEM Screamin Eagle A/C on my 2014 and took that little bracket off. I believe those 2 bolts don't go into and oil source. Did you install the O-rings on the Boss's the breather bolts go thru?

Which rocker cover bolts? Are you sure it is not just a rocker box gasket? I just replaced my rocker box gaskets as I had a leak on the left rear front rocker box.

While I was in there I replaced my breather assemblies. The filters on the breather assemblies were completely shot. They just crumbled to dust when I went to pull them out. I mention those filters as I had been having a small oil issue with my air cleaner too. I have the Roland Sands Clarity so I was seeing the oil spray on the inside face of my air cleaner's cover. That oil issue went away after replacing my breather assembly filters.

Oh, I also removed that bracket when installing my air cleaner.

Ride Safe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith