Pre-Wired 8” Yaffe Monkey Bars

t8ness

Aug 25, 2015
I’ve been riding with the stock bars on my 14 SG since I got it. After 7 years, I decided to start tinkering with it again lol. I want bars that would come back to me so that my arms aren’t locked out when riding. For those of you with bars, how much different are the 8” bars compared to the stock, and will they block the mirrors? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been riding with the stock bars on my 14 SG since I got it. After 7 years, I decided to start tinkering with it again lol. I want bars that would come back to me so that my arms aren’t locked out when riding. For those of you with bars, how much different are the 8” bars compared to the stock, and will they block the mirrors? TIA

I did 10 inch on my old ultra. They were pretty comfortable.they didn’t block my mirrors.

The bars usually go up more than back.

I did 10 inch on my old ultra. They were pretty comfortable.they didn’t block my mirrors.

The bars usually go up more than back.

I’m 5’6” and have the arms to match lol. I don’t necessarily want them taller which is why I went with the 8 inchers, because those are about the same as stock.

Question though, can the bars be rotated back towards the rider, or do they have to be installed at a 90° angle?

For what it is worth.

10" la choppers twin peaks. Pushed about as forward as possible.

Kind of hard to see but I could pull them back a couple of inches and might depending on what I do for a seat?

First world problems! :)
acf25a3a39fa0e6287abc971d6e70d8b.jpg
474cd64742ad074d213c573c97a31974.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I know this thread is getting a bit old but I have a 2014 Street Glide special. so I thought I would give you my two cents worth...
I am 5'9" and have an elbow that does not extend all the way do to injury.
I replaced the stock bars with:
Yaffy Monkey bars: "PYO:MBBPW-12 C 12" Monkey Bagger Bar, 2014-Later, Pre-Wired, Chrome "
All my research said they come back the furthest, IF there is such a thing!

Any how, I like the bars quite a bit and they are WAY better then the stock.
As to the pull back they say 2" BUT it is limited and, I think most all the bars are limited!
The bars hit the tank (if you come back much) it just there nature and unavoidable so they stay at least near the 90 degree angle.
as for the stock mirrors they had to go with these, the bars are about center in them so perch mount mirrors are required.

The guy I worked with was very helpful and informative give them a call and ask your questions as this is likely true of any brand you end up choosing../

Thats my two cents. good luck

I know this thread is getting a bit old but I have a 2014 Street Glide special. so I thought I would give you my two cents worth...
I am 5'9" and have an elbow that does not extend all the way do to injury.
I replaced the stock bars with:
Yaffy Monkey bars: "PYO:MBBPW-12 C 12" Monkey Bagger Bar, 2014-Later, Pre-Wired, Chrome "
All my research said they come back the furthest, IF there is such a thing!

Any how, I like the bars quite a bit and they are WAY better then the stock.
As to the pull back they say 2" BUT it is limited and, I think most all the bars are limited!
The bars hit the tank (if you come back much) it just there nature and unavoidable so they stay at least near the 90 degree angle.
as for the stock mirrors they had to go with these, the bars are about center in them so perch mount mirrors are required.

The guy I worked with was very helpful and informative give them a call and ask your questions as this is likely true of any brand you end up choosing../

Thats my two cents. good luck

Thanks. Pretty good info...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77