Pro Street Tuner, FP3, or Power Vision

Tarzan

Oct 18, 2017
I have read a little about each of these tuners. I would prefer to use the Power Vision but it appears to me that on my M8 that if I don’t use the Pro Street Tuner the warranty will be void. Is this true?

I bought a set of Cobra Neighbor Haters and some steel wool. I will be wrapping the baffles with the steel wool and then putting a K&N filter in the stock air box. I watched video in which a guy cut and extra window in his air box and put screen in that opening in order to increase airflow to his new K&N filter. It looks like it will have plenty of airflow. So now I just need to figure out which tuner to use. That Pro Stret Tuner looks to be pretty limited in its abilities.

I had the Pro Street when Stage 1 installed. I didn't like it and bought the FP3. It's tough for most riders with stock engines. and does a great job but not as many features as some more expensive brands.

I have read a little about each of these tuners. I would prefer to use the Power Vision but it appears to me that on my M8 that if I don’t use the Pro Street Tuner the warranty will be void. Is this true?

Yes, that is true.

14. Denial of Warranty.
a. Defendants shall deny all warranty claims for functional defects of
powertrain components for any Harley-Davidson vehicle (Model Year
2017 or later) registered in the United States, if any Defendants have any
information to show that such vehicle was tuned using a Tuning Product
that was not covered by a California ARB Executive Order or otherwise
approved by EPA.
b. Defendants shall instruct Harley-Davidson dealers to deny such warranty
claims where any Defendant or any Harley-Davidson dealer has any such
information.
c. No later than December 31, 2016, Defendants shall ensure that their
warranty policies and product literature state that Defendants will deny
warranty claims for functional defects of powertrain components for any
Harley-Davidson vehicle, Model Year 2017 or later, that was tuned using
a Tuning Product that was not covered by a California ARB Executive
Order, or otherwise approved by EPA.

I just installed the FP3 Last weekend. works perfectly. Not hardly any bad reviews and easy to install and operate. The warranty thing is the warranty thing. Can't imagine a good dealer you have a good relationship with would just throw you under the bus. I didn't even give it a second thought. YMMV...

If you want to keep your warranty, you have to use the Street Tuner.

I just got mine back from dyno tuning. I have the Stage 2 torque cam, so it may be a bit different on Stage 1, but the Street Tuner flash with 3 autotune runs wasn't even close to what he picked up on the dyno. He said it's still running leaner than he'd like, but it's the best he can get out of that tuner.

On my '14 Dyna Switchback, I had an FP3. After I'd put a 255 cam in it, I did the V&H flash, ran a couple of pretty extensive auto tunes. When I took it to the dyno the FP3 autotune was damn near perfect.

And I think the PV would be easier for the dyno guy to dial in than the FP3 - although he said he can pretty well get everything out of the FP3 anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith