Replacing Handlebars and Fairing Mirror

Keithkire09

May 4, 2020
Hey guys,
Just bought my first Harley, which is my third bike total. I'm slowly starting to customize it to fit me. I started with a backrest, head light, and tail light. My next upgrade will be handlebars. When I lean back against my backrest my fingertips just barely reach the bars. I don't want to go with something too high, what would you recommend? Also, how hard would it be to replace the bars and mirrors myself? Thanks in advance.

I bought the 10 " yaffe's from Iron aces,after much research and some back issue's they seem perfect for me.Note not all bars are measured the same,i've been told my bars are 12 and not 10 but either way they work for me.Get a hold of Lindsey at Iron aces she is great to work with and prompt with responses.

look under what does your bike look like and you can see what my bars look like,just for reference.

HI Keith!

I went with the 12" Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation Monkey Bars on my bike. With these bars I'm running the stock Mirrors. The Mirrors are in a position where I can see them UNDER my arms. Before I got my new Bars I was thinking of getting new Mirrors. The stock Mirrors work great for me.

If/when you get the new Bars, be sure to get new Riser Bushings (Urethane?) AND, if you go with the Yaffe 12" Bars, new Brake/Clutch Cable/Lines.

I'm 6 foot tall with multiple Back injuries (a fused Neck and lower Back). With the Stock Bars, I couldn't ride much after my injuries because of the pain. The 12" Yaffe Bars gave me MUCH more comfort, allowing me to go for a ride when my Back/Neck is having a "Good Day"!

I hope this is of some help to you!

Good luck with your decision.

Willie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469