Resonance at low speeds felt through the Bars

Big Willie

Feb 10, 2014
HI Guys!

The Resonance at low speeds is felt through the Bars. From 25 to 35mph it is noticed. Felt it this past weekend, it was not there prior. It has about 16K on the clock. New tires installed last Fall.

Any thoughts? See below for details/mods on my Scooter.

Thanks,

Willie

my first guess would be that the front tire is out of round / bead not seated correctly/ or not balanced correctly
second guess is that the rim may have a slight warp in it
put the bike on a jack with front tire off the floor rotate it at slow speed to inspect it both sides
then try getting more speed to see if there is a wobble
also check the side walls to see if there are any bulges
mule

Mule - Thanks for your reply and input!!!

While they did replace both tires last fall (Pirelli Night Dragon's), I did get some miles in between the new tire install and the new "Vibe" at lower speeds popping up. The H-D Dealer tech said he had difficulty getting the rear Axle out during the tire install. I'm wondering if the dealer tech did Wheel Bearing damage removing the Rear Axle.

This issue came up while my Old Lady was on the back of the Scooter for a short ride. Nothing Prior. I need to take the Scooter back out solo and see what I can see. Being Disabled due to an accident, I'll have to wait for another "Good Day" (pain level only at a 5 or 6 out of 10) before I can ride it again.

Thanks again!

Willie

I started to get front end wobble about 48,000 miles. This was at slow speed out to about 30mph and went away. Had the neck bearing tightened up and no issues now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith