Retired Army 20 years

My Glide

Sep 23, 2012
Retired from the Army in April of 2011. Military Police for most of my 20 years. First 6 years of service was Navy, USS IWO JIMA, then got out thought I could do better things on the outside. Nope.. didn't like it much. The Army called me up and asked if I wanted to join the Army, Hell yes I did. Started out as a light wheel mechanic then moved over to MP.. Many deployments all over the place, but happy I am done. Yes there are days that I miss it, who don't? Now working on Fort Lee.. Enjoying life and riding as much as I can... If anyone is from VA let me know.

I don't go thru a day without wishing I had been smart enough to have stayed in the Navy. I wanted to work on airplanes and they decided I would make a better Hospital Corpman so out I went and off to A/P school for me. I did get to enjoy a great carrier with a major airline so I guess it all worked out but I often wonder what I could have done if I stayed in.

Thank you for your service, my son in the Army took his AIT at Fort Lee, nice area, much better weather than up here in Ohio, take care.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith