Short smartphone cable set tip

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
All of us with the 2014 SG/SGS models struggle with the phone compartment on the new fairing. Awhile back I posted here about removing the bulky foam insert that HD supplies and replacing it with a liner made from 1/16 in thick adhesive backed foam picked up at a craft shop or Walmart.
Well the other issue stems from connecting the phone and then stuffing all the cable into the space with the phone and then trying to close the door!
Sound familiar? Well I found a solution for that as well. Griffin makes a 3 cable set that is 3 inches in length with 3 different USB to connectors. Since I have the iPhone 4S there is an old style connector for it, I am not sure what the Samsung connector looks like so be careful if you decide to order. See this link: :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6-20&linkCode=as2&creative=374929&camp=211189

Thanks Mojo, I already have one but this is a great source for those that need a short phone cable. It looks like the one on the left will work on my S4 Samsung

Mojo you are the man here but if you have a best buy or Harley dealership I found these short wires there also. Best buy was the better price of course and it's amazing what is out there if you look or ask the right guy who knows what they are doing. Just found the ones at the Harley dealership yesterday in Utah walking by to look at the tee shirts. Just happened to catch my eye.

So my question here is... the cable for charging right or using it for a media connection and if so why not Bluetooth?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

So my question here is... the cable for charging right or using it for a media connection and if so why not Bluetooth?

It's for USB connection. USB to LIGHTING.

I don't use Bluetooth much it seems to kill the battery in my phone much faster when it's enabled when not in use.

Sent from the mobile leash

For me the short cable is for Smartphone to Boombox connection and charging. I use Bluetooth earbuds (LG730) connected to smartphone

Ok was wondering cause I can get like 8 hours of Bluetooth streaming. Charging will be slow because the amps are low coming out of the USB it will never keep up.

I haven't noticed a heat or charging issue on my 5s. Pretty much every time I've finished riding my phone has been 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469