Short smartphone cable set tip

Mine is getting hot from streaming and the 90+ Temps

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I picked up a short cable for my 5s at best buy but to be honest I have yet to use it I connect my phone via bluethooth because my garage door opener fits in the phone cubby hole perfectly and was the best place I have found so far to keep it for easy access there is not enough room for both LOL

Anyone use one if those retractable USB cables? I'm considering buying one for the scoot. I think it might be a better option then the 3" cable.

Sent from the mobile leash

Just a word to the wise... Careful keeping your phone in the storage cubby on the 14 models, I hit a good sized pothole my door opened and my phone ended up on a dark West Virginia hwy. it was run over but I found it ! I had a survivor case on it... It cracked the screen , killed my camera but still worked! Cudos to survivor cases! Just saying beware!

Two things.
I have a samsung note 3 and no way in hell can you connect any length cable to the phone and get the door closed. And as GrumpyGuy said, mine popped open on me also, phone hit my knee then the road and 30 ft off the road I found it with just a minor scratch luckily. I don't use that compartment anymore, got the Harley phone mount and now it rides on the handlebars or in my bag when raining.

Just a word to the wise... Careful keeping your phone in the storage cubby on the 14 models, I hit a good sized pothole my door opened and my phone ended up on a dark West Virginia hwy. it was run over but I found it ! I had a survivor case on it... It cracked the screen , killed my camera but still worked! Cudos to survivor cases! Just saying beware!
The same thing happened to me. Glad my Galaxy S5 Active is a hard shell, so the screen didn't get scratched or cracked.

I just keep a USB Hard drive (lap top size) 2 1/4x 3 1/2 in and closed up. Almost 19,000 songs. I purchased another of the OEM foam inserts for under 15.00 tax inc and made it hold the wider HHD Case. And a short USB 3.0 cable.

I just keep a USB Hard drive (lap top size) 2 1/4x 3 1/2 in and closed up. Almost 19,000 songs. I purchased another of the OEM foam inserts for under 15.00 tax inc and made it hold the wider HHD Case. And a short USB 3.0 cable.
An external hard drive actually works with these boom systems?!?! I've been using a tiny 2GB flash drive all this time.....

Sent from my phone.

Yea I don't use that cubby for my iPhone anymore I connect it Bluethooth and put it in a saddle bag I have all my music on a 16GB usb thumb drive that stays plugged into the bike I have the sys set to shuffle works great and better sound quality then the radio I keep my garage door opener in there now for easy access

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469