So much for having a new bike

Yes I can buy from the US but only used ones. The one I have now is a US bike. And I actually got lucky when I bought it as the previous owner just traded it in the day before when I was visiting Great Falls for a 2010 Road Glide all because he bought a Big Wheel for the front off EBay and when he got it home it was for a Road Glide not the 2014 Street Glide. His loss was my big gain. But now my bike sits back at the dealer where I bought it damaged by some guys negligence on not setting his park brake. I am fighting for another bike as the dealer has one in stock and it would be way quicker to get it back. But the insurance company insists on just fixing it and rather wait approx 45 days for it to be done as all the damaged colour match items has to come from Harley (approx 30 days to get) and this insurance company doesn't believe it.

Insurance company's suck. They only worry about what is cheaper instead of worrying about doing the right thing. Hopefully they will come to their senses and do the right thing.

Insurance company's suck. They only worry about what is cheaper instead of worrying about doing the right thing. Hopefully they will come to their senses and do the right thing.

add in pain, anguish and rental costs it's not! Get a lawyer! Dude just from your posts here you don't think that doesn't count as part of you losing your bike and even HD is putting back together what is something has been weakened like a weld and they missed it. Are you going to feel 100% safe riding it again I wouldn't. Sorry man but this is where you have to stand up for yourself and put your foot down. Fight back!

Big Sky Harley has completed their quote to completely rebuild my bike. $16,500 with new frame. I also had my insurance company send in their own adjuster which came in roughly the same as the Harley shop. That's 50% of what a replacement one would be. Big Sky has been great to me from the day I first walked into their shop in March when I bought this bike. They have told me they will not let my bike out of their shop if it isn't like brand new. And if I have any issues with it (gremlins) that they will fix it. It will not be fixed now till mid September. So I have a lawyer hired now to make sure all goes well. Mutual Liberty could of had me on a new bike already if they were smart. But now I am going to be riding this rental till it's done. By the time it's done they will pay approx $12,000 in rental fees. In the end Big Sky Harley is the winner of this.

And Lawyer I have has his student protege working on this as well. He just finished up with conflict law and said this would be a great case for him. As it is essentially US vs Canada in the insurance companies where there are different set of rules for each country.

As for my bike the season will almost be over. Only trips will be the Sunday ride to the our local provincial/state park and the odd trip to the pub for a cold one. So in the end I will get my bike appraised from a local appraisal outfit and end up selling my bike as a repaired vehicle. Then replace it with a new one. Then the lawyer said we will sue for the difference in costs. I am going to be leaving this into the lawyers hands. I will have all winter to wait for my new ride in the spring. Maybe it will be a water cooled Street Glide CVO. Keep hearing rumours that the CVO are coming back.

Sday73, when you get that puppy back-head south for the winter and stay with it a few months. We have mild and wild winters here!!

Mojo that is a great idea and I wish I could. Got 2 more years till the my son done high school. Then I'll be fair game. I wish we had winters like you guys. But I shouldn't complain. I got to ride each month last winter even if it was for only one day each month. The best was my birthday in Jan. That was the first time I ever took my Scoot out for a ride.

The tear down has begun. Buddy just sent me this pic of what my bike looks like right now.:(. Waiting on a few more pieces. They say it's only 44.4hrs to tear down the bike and rebuild it with a new frame. They are trying to have it completed by the long weekend next week if all parts show up.
image.jpg

Glad to see it started. At least the end is in sight and you'll be riding her soon

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

image.jpg
Another progress Picture of bike from this morning with new frame installed. Nice progress from yesterday.

So much for having a new bike

If they quite drinking the crown royal may be they will finish it up for you, lol

Last edited:
Yea. I should mention that LOL. But I know what he uses those for. He puts them over the aux lights for taking the fairing off to protect the paint. They are a perfect fit over the lights.
If the quite drinking the crown royal may be they will finish it up for you, lol

It seems like everyone uses them for the lights, I've seen several videos that use the bags for the lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
streetglyder