Spark, Fuel, or other?

Final “update” entry:

The oil amassing on the top of the cam chest was from the front cylinder’s push rod tube(s). I can’t say which one or if it was both. I just went ahead and put new o rings in both and took extra care to make sure every was seated right. A quick ride after followed by a much longer ride today showed no oil on the cam chest. I have no smoke from either pipe and when I ran another leak down test while the push rods were out confirmed only hearing some air escape by way of the piston rings. I now have a 7% loss of compression (leak down test) on both cylinders and about 175 psi (compression test) showing for both cylinders.

The bike simply rides and feels great.

I really do understand why people just remove and replace parts as it would have been a hell of a lot easier. Though I don’t think I’d have as good of an understanding of how everything interacts had I done that.

Thanks again for all of the help as well as the patience for putting up with the many posts about this.

Ride safe.

P.S. I’m doing a bolt on all inclusive bolt on big bore kit the next time this needs to get done.

See below for a pic from today’s victorious test ride.

43bb68dd1406d39f59325ffaa667ed23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067