spark plugs

baggertim

Feb 9, 2019
Does anybody run anything besides harley plugs and why?Reason I;m asking is with cars in the past i've experimented with different plugs with different results as far as performance and longevity.Ended up with NGK's in last race motor for best overall,but still talking small block chevy stuff.Too much thinking time on my hands right now i guess.:cool:

Harley sells a good dual Platinum plug that will last almost forever and work great with the small center electrode that concentrates the spark energy.

plug.jpg

Thank you sir,will definetly research them,hopefully someone around here stocks them

I'm a BIG NGK fan! I have NGK or ND Plugs in everything I own. I've found they are very hard to beat!

I'm not sure. I'd have to dig that info up.

NGK has an on-line Plug Reference Guide. Here: https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/part-finder

The NGK website shows these Plugs for the 103ci Engine in a Street Glide:

NGK P/N 3932 (DCPR7E) for the "Standard" Racing Plug

NGK P/N 6046 (DCPR7EIX) for the Iridium IX Spark Plug

I don't recall if the Heat Range was changed when I had the Engine worked on and Dyno-Tuned.

For many years I spun Wrenches on equipment. I tried different brands of Plugs during that time. NGK is my Plug of choice.

That's all I got right now.

Good Luck!

Willie

Last edited:
I just put in a pair of NGK Hyper IXtreme (DCPR7EIX) Iridium plugs in my S&S 111" I saw a youtube video (after I bought them) where they gave a 3HP boost over stock (same bike running H-D stock plugs). Not sure how much I believe that, but it'd be nice!

I'm not sure. I'd have to dig that info up.

NGK has an on-line Plug Reference Guide. Here: https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/part-finder

The NGK website shows these Plugs for the 103ci Engine in a Street Glide:

NGK P/N 3932 for the "Standard" Racing Plug

NGK P/N 6046 for the Iridium IX Spark Plug

I don't recall if the Heat Range was changed when I had the Engine worked on and Dyno-Tuned.

For many years I spun Wrenches on equipment. I tried different brands of Plugs during that time. NGK is my Plug of choice.

That's all I got right now.

Good Luck!

Willie

Funny you said heat range,i questioned a local dealer on heat range and was told all plugs were the same .....as i walked out.I too experimented with plug ranges in oval track engines and usaully carried different ranges for weather and such.

I just put in a pair of NGK Hyper IXtreme (DCPR7EIX) Iridium plugs in my S&S 111" I saw a youtube video (after I bought them) where they gave a 3HP boost over stock (same bike running H-D stock plugs). Not sure how much I believe that, but it'd be nice!

Thanks flhx,doingsome digging

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469