Street Glide + Tour Pak Speaker Pods 4-channel Audio Question

BillyCrash

Sep 5, 2017
Question for the audio experts. I have a 2017 SGS and added a tour pak to it. I just purchased HD speaker pods for the tour pak and a 4-channel after-market amp kit, basically I'm creating a 4-channel Ultra amp setup on a Street Glide. The amp in the kit has a selection for fader/no fader between the front and back speakers, and the amp company says that no flash is needed. But since it's a Street Glide, I don't think it's flashed for a fader since the SGS stock setup is only a 2-channel system.

So my question is can I get the system flashed so that the Boom audio fader control is present, or should I just leave the amp setting at no fader so that the amp controls the fading?

Thanks guys.

BC

Question for the audio experts. I have a 2017 SGS and added a tour pak to it. I just purchased HD speaker pods for the tour pak and a 4-channel after-market amp kit, basically I'm creating a 4-channel Ultra amp setup on a Street Glide. The amp in the kit has a selection for fader/no fader between the front and back speakers, and the amp company says that no flash is needed. But since it's a Street Glide, I don't think it's flashed for a fader since the SGS stock setup is only a 2-channel system.

So my question is can I get the system flashed so that the Boom audio fader control is present, or should I just leave the amp setting at no fader so that the amp controls the fading?

Thanks guys.

BC

Don't worry about the fader. I don't know of anyone that will want to fade from front to rear because at highway speeds all you will,hear are the fairing speakers. I run a 2 channel amp on my SGS and it feeds both the fairing and tour pack speakers.

Don't worry about the fader. I don't know of anyone that will want to fade from front to rear because at highway speeds all you will,hear are the fairing speakers. I run a 2 channel amp on my SGS and it feeds both the fairing and tour pack speakers.

I'm not so sure, I also have a Victory Cross Country Tour with the 4-channel audio system, and I can definitely hear an adjustment to the front-rear fader at highway speeds. The rear tends to have more of a bass sound since it's in the trunk box and I would assume it gets some bass punch from the sound reverberation there, so you definitely want to balance the sound with more lows in the back and highs in the front. There is a baffle behind the speakers in the XCT trunk, which is a similar setup to what I'm doing with the Harley OEM speaker pods, so I assume I'll get the same bass effect from it on the SGS.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure, I also have a Victory Cross Country Tour with the 4-channel audio system, and I can definitely hear an adjustment to the front-rear fader at highway speeds. The rear tends to have more of a bass sound since it's in the trunk box and I would assume it gets some bass punch from the sound reverberation there, so you definitely want to balance the sound with more lows in the back and highs in the front. There is a baffle behind the speakers in the XCT trunk, which is a similar setup to what I'm doing with the Harley OEM speaker pods, so I assume I'll get the same bass effect from it on the SGS.

My wife can hear the rear speakers, but I have to lean back and make an effort to hear them at highway speeds. Did your pods come with the HD bass ports? I have them on mine and they definitely work.

My wife can hear the rear speakers, but I have to lean back and make an effort to hear them at highway speeds. Did your pods come with the HD bass ports? I have them on mine and they definitely work.

Yes they do, that's what I meant by baffle, but bass ports is the better term for sure.

I didn't think I could hear the back speakers on the XCT at hwy speed until I started messing with the fader, I noticed the sound changed completely (for the worse) as I faded off the rear speakers. When I fade them back on the sound becomes much more full, even though I can't tell specifically that the sound is coming from the back speakers.

That's when you know you have them balanced right, you can't really tell if the sound is coming from the back or front, it just sounds full. I'm hoping for the same thing on my Street Glide when I get the tour pak speakers up and running. Which is why I want to be able to control the fader, to get the sound balance right.

Last edited:
So I'll answer my own question after finishing the install, you don't have to flash your system if your replacement amp has a switch that allows you to select fader/no fader, which mine did. If you select Fader, you are telling the amp to use the built-in boom system fader that you control through the boom interface, which requires boom to be flashed for a 4 channel system. If you select No Fader, you are telling the amp that you want the amp settings to adjust the fading in which case no boom flash is needed. My amp has a Fader/No Fader switch and three-position switch on it that allows for low/med/high output from the rear speakers, which works fine with no flash.

Hi I have had my 2014 Streetglide with the 4.3 boom system flashed so I have the fade working for the rear speakers. Took all of 10 minutes in dealership to have it done

Hi I have had my 2014 Streetglide with the 4.3 boom system flashed so I have the fade working for the rear speakers. Took all of 10 minutes in dealership to have it done

Sounds like the flash worked great for you. Which flash did you get, evidently there are several to choose from? Also, did the dealer charge you for the flash?

I have read on other forums that the flash sometimes doesn't work right or they get the wrong one and have to re-do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triggerman1067