Street Glide v. Road Glide

ArizonaKid

Aug 18, 2023
Mesa, AZ
There’s lots of talk on this subject floating around in cyberspace, but I’m coming from a 2017 Road Glide Special to my new 2022 Street Glide ST and thought I’d add my 2 cents to the conversation, should anyone care. I put a lot of time and $ into the Road Glide (Stage II, full exhaust, Ohlins suspension front and rear, etc. , etc.), but the ST comes with much of what I added to the RG - 117 motor, cam, intake, exhaust, etc. The biggest difference (not better or worse) is how they both manage airflow. Each is very different from the other. The ST is more open and windier and you’re closer to instrumentation and the fairing, and there’s not much room on the bars for things like a phone or cup holder. I’ve not noticed much of a difference in handling, although the ST has a taller stance and handles very well. With tons of after market accessories available for both, you can make up for perceived deficiencies on both, so if you’re torn by the decision of which to buy I’d say you can’t go wrong with either one. Test ride each and pick the one that calls your name and the aftermarket will take care of the rest.

I had a Road glide for a long time. In fact I started Roadglide.org back in 2009. I loved that bike :) You can still see Photos of it on the site. But I had to do a lot of work on it and spend a lot on it to get it to where my streetglide was when I bought it stock. For me, the Streeglide's handling and running around town capabilities is unsurpassed in it's maneuverability and torque. You have to love those 117 and 114 engines! and If I need to leave town, it's all set to go!

Reactions: binarym

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave