Suspension upgrades looking for advice

fcerrone

Apr 23, 2015
Hey guys 2015cvo SG looking for suggestions on front and rear upgrade over stock set up mostly single rider but also my lady goes for a ride leaning towards Legend
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legend has a solid reputation with many on this site. I’m sure that you’ll get a lot of good feedback from those folks.

I went with Ohlins 772 13” on the back, and Ohlins FKC-102 front cartridge on the front. I have a 2016 SGS. The ride is night and day over the stock setup. Given the amount of money this cost, it better be that good!

If the aftermarket can build suspension this good, then Harley could have. There is no excuse given the insane price tags on these bikes. However, since Harley is not going to do it then if you really want a better handling/more comfortable ride then you have to do it yourself. (or maybe buy an Indian?)

Legend or Ohlins, either way you’re gonna love the ride.

I will have to recommend Legend as I have front done and getting rear done this week, dropping my bike off tomorrow at the shop. You can do a search on Legend and read up on what we all have done and decide on which setup will fit your riding style. Then reach out to IronAces for deal and you'll be happy with overall purchase and ride.

Can't speak for any other suspensions other than Legend & Progressive as I have used both and pleased with both. But on my SG I preferred Legend.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Glad I took the Legends plunge, front and back.
I wanted 13" rear and thats what I got.

Does the 13" shock change the ride height any?

I don't know but if it does, an inch is not much for me so that'll be fine......I will know and will let you know after couple of days when I get my bike back from the shop.

I have the Legends AXEO Front standard on the front & the Legends Revo-A 13 " on the Rear,. The front sets about 1" closer to the fender, the rear measures 1" higher. My son has a 2014 SGS with stock suspension & I went out & measured them. I think that they recommend the 13" because of the extra travel. I have short legs & I didn't notice any difference in seat height when I put my Rear shocks on last July. I just put the fronts on last month & it did seem to feel lower to me so I measured the front.
I have not used any other after market suspension parts, but I am very happy with my Legends . The rear made the ride so much better. The front has helped the handling but if I could only do one I would do the rear.
Should have done it 60K miles ago.

Does the 13" shock change the ride height any?

I was concerned about this too, but knew the little bit of extra travel would help the ride. I'm about 5'10" with a 31" inseam and I have no problem with the negligible amount of extra height. I certainly don't notice it and would do it exactly the same way if I had to do it again.

Last edited:
Another nod for Legends. If you go that route, contact Lindsey @ Iron Aces. She'll hook you up with a good deal on them.

I've now done 1000 miles on set of Nitron shocks fitted over the winter. Quality product, well priced with damping, height, and preload adjustments - absolutely transformed the ride

Hey guys 2015cvo SG looking for suggestions on front and rear upgrade over stock set up mostly single rider but also my lady goes for a ride leaning towards Legend
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may not work for you, but I traded for an Ultra. it was actually less expensive than upgrading front and rear. It made a huge difference for my wife's comfort, and I gotta admit I like it too.

I really liked the looks of the SGS better than the Ultra but comfort wise there is no comparison, and lets face it the only time I look at the bike is when its parked. and Momma is now a happy camper.

• 2015 FLHXS
• Ride single
• 6’1”, 175 pounds
• Use Tour Pak on road trips

I just installed the Progressive FST Mono Tube cartridge kit in the front with 1” lowering, and the 944 Ultra Touring on the rear- been wanting to do this a long, long time. I have ridden about 500 miles since install. The ride itself is noticeably much more plush, particularly with the Michelin Commander 2 tires. I installed the 13" 944s and once you sit on the bike, it sags to 12". This set up certainly lowers the bike’s stance to the bad ass range. The jury is still out on the handling as I have noticed that the bike will get squirley powering through high speed sweeps at freeway speeds. I'm going to call Progressive this week to discuss tuning the rear shocks. Additionally, I have scraped the very bottom of my V&H Power duals heat shield a couple of times so I’m going to have to get used to the lower stance. I have a 1,000 mile + trip to Death Valley this weekend so I am going to be putting the suspension through the paces.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider3223