The better battery

Mar 1, 2016
Replaced my "Megacrank" battery i bought ($90) from Batterymart.com today after 26 months of service. Wouldn't hold a charge.
The OEM battery lasted 4 years so i went to the Harley shop and gave them $ 175. They were happy to take it.
I dont trust lithium batteries yet ( had a fire with one) but am curious how long they would last. Anyway, a battery costing twice as much lasts twice as long. The good news is i went on a 2 hour ride and forgot all about the dead battery ! :p:p

Replaced my "Megacrank" battery i bought ($90) from Batterymart.com today after 26 months of service. Wouldn't hold a charge.
The OEM battery lasted 4 years so i went to the Harley shop and gave them $ 175. They were happy to take it.
I dont trust lithium batteries yet ( had a fire with one) but am curious how long they would last. Anyway, a battery costing twice as much lasts twice as long. The good news is i went on a 2 hour ride and forgot all about the dead battery ! :p:p

West Coast- I drank the Kool-aid and purchased the Lithium battery. It worked great and was very light.
Problem was; IF your out on a trip or ride and your battery runs down (Radio- ect), you have no way to charge it without the Lithium charger. Also if you take your bike in for service- you need to let them know it has a Lithium battery in case they need to charge it. By the way- mine failed at 12 1/2 months!!! just out of warranty. :(

Mojo, thanks for the good honest info. Can you jump the lith battery in an emergency ? Probably not. Glad i didn't get one.

It is not recommended to jump it. Another reason I was worried about getting hi n dry with this battery. I have the dual charge battery tender too!

With every Harley that I've owned, I always kept with HD batteries because they just seem to last longer. The last one on my SG lasted 5 years before I had to replace it.

Just my 2 cents,i use a ac/delco battery and they are much cheaper then the harley branded ones.

Replaced mine about 6 months ago. Went with a Yuasa GYZ32HL 500 cca, 100 more cca than the HD battery.
Got it from Summit racing, about 50 bucks cheaper than the dealer. Its a sealed AGM battery just like the stock battery.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qman77