Tire wear measurements

Mojo

Administrator
Dec 6, 2013
I've got 7,000 miles on my tires now and cannot tell there is much wear at all. How are your's doing? :eek:

I've got 8,000 & it looking good, talked to a guy at out HOG meeting the other night and he has 12,000 miles on his 2014 Ultra Limited he just got back from riding the Wall & had his bike serviced. He told me that it looked like he could get 15 or 16K miles out of it.

Well, It appears Dunlop really has improved these *dual rubber compound tires (*rear only).

So glad to hear this. Was getting 6000-7000 on there older versions now new version on both the fatboy and SGS

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have 13000 on mine and will probably get 15 out of it. I'll be switching to Michelin commanders when I do.

6500 miles on mine. No visible signs of wear. Question for you hardened riders. My tires seem to loose 2-3 pounds of pressure every week or two. I can feel a noticeable difference in the handling when in a curve or if I hit uneven pavement. Bike wants to slide or kind of a "tire roll" sensation and gives me an uneasy feeling. As long as I have maximum pressure 36/40, I have no problems. Has anyone else felt this or is it me?

Any help. I'm looking for white wall tires for my 2014 sg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can feel a noticeable difference in the handling when in a curve or if I hit uneven pavement. Bike wants to slide or kind of a "tire roll" sensation and gives me an uneasy feeling. As long as I have maximum pressure 36/40, I have no problems. Has anyone else felt this or is it me?

Yes, keep the tire pressure up.

The rear tire was almost to wear bar,fronts are about half worn.I put same tire back on rear.I ride a little of everything not real hard but not to slow. rear 19,000 mi

Last edited:
I'm at 7780 miles today and rear needs changed now. I've never burned or smoked the tire ( one time on wet road, spun thru 2nd because it broke free and was fun to slide to the side a bit) and I don't drag tire stopping/down shifting. I do ride hard but don't think I should need a rear tire already. Front still looks good. I live in FL so temps change and I could prob have checked pressure more often but pressure was usually on or close when I check. From the rest of the posts about mileage on rear, I'm way under...

Yes that really sounds like low miles. Have over 12,000 on mine now and just maybe get another thousand if I'm lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Tom

I have 12,000 on my 14 SGS. Tires still look great. I do notice some noise from the front tire when cornering above 45-50 MPH. I took it into the dealership and had them put it up in the air to check wheel bearings just to be sure. All was good there. Everything I hear from owners with these new Dunlop tires says they are +/- 15,000 mile tires. I like it.

UPDATE: I was at 12K in Jan 15... I NEEDED a rear ( thru first layer ) and front was marginal.. so I changed them both....

C
I have 12,000 on my 14 SGS. Tires still look great. I do notice some noise from the front tire when cornering above 45-50 MPH. I took it into the dealership and had them put it up in the air to check wheel bearings just to be sure. All was good there. Everything I hear from owners with these new Dunlop tires says they are +/- 15,000 mile tires. I like it.

Also have heard folks getting 15K or more from the stock Skidlops.
Tire technology has come a long way in just a few years. Just ten or so years ago 8K was fair milage on the rear (assuming the bike was running stock Skidlops) and the front changed every other time. Now we are getting twice the milage but alas, the tire is twice the price.

Blues

+1 GAFLHXS- I have the exact same scenario including noise in lean turns. Dealer said noise from tires but I have at least 4-6k miles left.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clive Miller