Top speed

17Blackglide

May 23, 2017
I have never opened my bike up to see what see would do, but it feels like it would so 120. Anybody tried to see?

Triple digits here with plenty to go. Don't really know if I want to see what the top speed is.
Greg

I'm not sure about top-speed, but as for acceleration all I can say is I have a Victory XCT and Indian Vintage, and my 2017 SGS with the M8 is like a rocket compared to these two bikes, and they all have large engines. I'm guessing it's torque/weight ratio that makes the big difference.

20171001_100646 small.jpg

I've had my 2014 FLHXS to 120 a few times, but as soon as you hit a slight bump it reminds you that the coffin lid will most definitely be closed if something was to go wrong.

Well mine starts to get a slight wobble at 135-140. Riding side by side with a club brother on a victory so I was able to get speeds, since our Harley speedometers only hit 120 mph. I am sure I could do at least 150 I was at about 5500 rpm if I remember correctly in 5th and was still pulling pretty well.

I've had my 2014 FLHXS to 120 a few times, but as soon as you hit a slight bump it reminds you that the coffin lid will most definitely be closed if something was to go wrong.

Haha! You're so right about that!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfbsmith