Truck blind spots

It's always good to be reminded of these danger zones since it's easy for us to forget. Personally, if I have to be behind a truck then I make damn sure I ride off on the side where I can see the mirrors and this goes for cars pulling trailers too (or any vehicle with no back windows)...I race past and get in front the first chance I get too just so I'm out of any blind spots. When I'm riding in traffic and I'm pretty much stuck in place because there's no where to do I never ride beside a car next to me, I always make sure that I'm back behind his bumper so that even if he does change lanes without looking he'll end up in front of me (maybe only inches but at least it's not a collision.)

Hard to believe so many blind spots on a big rig... Like Pike said, if you have to be near a vehicle, try to be in view of its mirrors. We all know that's not a 100% safe bet... But at least it's something. Always assume that they don't see you and ride accordingly. Always be thinking of an "out". That has saved me more than once!

Mtnman makes exellent points. I have avoided disaster by subscribing to his theory of leaving an adequate space cushion between the vehicle I'm driving and those arond me. It is especially important NOT to ride beside any vehicle especially big rigs with numerous blind spots and the chance that they could shed a tire tread. That would leave mark for sure!
And as Grump mentioned, leave yourself an out!
Low & Slow,

Blues

Last edited:
I don't dick around when it come to bigrigs its hammer down to get by them as as fast as possible.

Sent from the mobile leash

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikes469