USB power outlet

16FLHXS

Feb 28, 2016
Has anyone replaced the standard cig lighter outlet with a USB only outlet?
If you have was it the same size so the factory one can be screwed out and replaced by the usb one without cutting?

The infotainment system kills the bluetooth link from the iPhone to the FP3, and i would like to view autotune and charge at the same time. (without a usb adapter plug, that could vibrate its way out of the socket)

Thanks guys.

I keep a plug in the socket pretty much all the time (I chose a short one so it doesn't hit the tank at full stop steering) and it stays perfectly snug.

If your looking for a charge only USB port this battery charger lead adapter is widely available for $8 - $12. Plug into the trickle battery charge cable that connected to your battery and throw your phone in the saddle bag. My dealer carries these and they are widely available.

image.jpg

Blues

If your looking for a charge only USB port this battery charger lead adapter is widely available for $8 - $12. Plug into the trickle battery charge cable that connected to your battery and throw your phone in the saddle bag. My dealer carries these and they are widely available.

View attachment 9584

Blues

That defeats the purpose of viewing the phone for the AT Chart...d

I have had my eye on this one for a while.... just trying to weigh my options.... now its no longer available.... dang...

Waterproof-Dual-USB-Port-1A-2-1A-Socket-Charger-Power-Adapter-with-LED-Light-for-Car.jpg

Im sure there are others just like it....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC12V-Marine-Carvans-Car-Boat-Duel-2-USB-Port-Socket-USB-Boat-Charger-1A-2-1A-/361205979274

Found one and this seller is from NY

LINK

s-l1600.jpg

Amazon also has one ..... thanks Spazz, I am getting one for sure.

LINK

41fSUKf1ucL.jpg

Last edited:
This place is a wealth of information! I just bought it as well!

Keep me posted on what you all find out with it......I am sure I'll get one but will wait for you two to get it done first.......heheehe....thanks guys!

I found a couple different styles on Amazon also. I like the one with the rubber cap (second one blk dragon linked) hopefully it works.
Gonna buy a couple when i buy them, nice to have around for the cage also.

I bought mine at West Marine and had to make the old lighter hole a little larger, but works great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put one of these in the boat so I could run my iPhone and iPad at the same time. The other benefit is that the power output from one of these sockets is up to 3.1A which you will be much happier with......trust me on this one!

Are you guys talking about plugging this in on the right lower side of the fairing? Wasn't aware you could do that. Was told by the dealer it is for the rider to passenger radios

Yes this is the plug on the lower right side of the fairing.

Regarding Pass to Rider radios i have no idea, but this (in stock form) is just a 12v cig lighter port, on the backside is just power and a ground, no comm signal or anything like that.

You can have it for only $54.00!!

but wait there is more, for just a limited time........ hahaha

Cmon hulk those fancy colored LED's arent cheap lol

anyways i just thought it was interesting to see someone made a replacement that will go in the stock sized hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul90