What did you do to, or on your streetglide today?

Sweet!! Will probably go that way when the time comes.

But I thought the Lithium Ion’s had to stay on a trickle - even more critical than for lead acid? Everything I’ve read on them says that once they run down to a certain voltage point they’re bricked.. whereas you might be able to revive a lead battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey fellow,
I am getting ready to change out my speaker in my 08 SG, and would like to update my light as well with the same, can you advise on cost of this "upgrade". I also like the blue, but with my bike being sunglow red,, maybe red would look best. any insight would be great, thanks,!

Sweet!! Will probably go that way when the time comes.

But I thought the Lithium Ion’s had to stay on a trickle - even more critical than for lead acid? Everything I’ve read on them says that once they run down to a certain voltage point they’re bricked.. whereas you might be able to revive a lead battery.

Instructions say to only charge it once a year. It uses the Dual charge Battery tender.

Installed a Michelin Commander II on the rear today..

Got 10,600 mi on the OEM American Elite - not too shabby for my riding style.

Last edited:
So after actually getting service done replacing the battery and going to Sturgis on my 2010 FLHX I went to the dealer to upgrade my lighting on Saturday and well, now I'm the proud owner of a 2014 FLHTK.

The ride quality awesome the wife comfort level is awesome and the dealer was awesome to work with. I have used this site for a couple of years and 99% of what is here is still relevant even though its not a glide I'm gonna stick around for the wisdom.

IMG_2161.jpg

Expensive headlight I know but worth it.

I did the tear down for the charging system, belt adjustment, (some) polished stainless steel 12 point bolts, cam cover replacement, foot control replacement, and exhaust reinstallation. I'm hoping to put it all back together next weekend.

IMG_5663.jpg

Ride safe.

Elliott

I'm taking my SG in for warranty replacement of the TGS (Throttle Grip Sensor). Its rotation is "gritty" and sticks at various midway positions but smooth if you turn it rapidly from rest to Wide Open positions (engine off). I've heard this is a common problem but a first for me after three SG's.

UPDATE: Dealer fixed problem in about 20 minutes!

I went to my local HD dealer to inquire about 12" apes on my 2014 SGS. Was told that with the cost of the bars and installation I would be looking at about $2,000 as it will be billed at 10 hours of labor. WHAT.....NOPE.......NOPE. If I get apes then I will install myself. INSANE.

I went to my local HD dealer to inquire about 12" apes on my 2014 SGS. Was told that with the cost of the bars and installation I would be looking at about $2,000 as it will be billed at 10 hours of labor. WHAT.....NOPE.......NOPE. If I get apes then I will install myself. INSANE.

Your dealer is wrong. Since you will not need to change out the clutch and brake lines it should be much less. Try another dealer.

They told me that with 12" bars I may not have to change the clutch and brake lines but they advise I do. I know they are big on up-selling. But I have enough experience with bikes and wrenching on them to know when lines are needed. So as I said, if I go with new bars I will do the install and mods myself.

I have a sample bottle of Top Coat F11 to try out this weekend.
Comments?
Opinions??

I have a sample bottle of Top Coat F11 to try out this weekend.
Comments?
Opinions??

I met the one the guys that owns the company. His buddy had the formula and he was a salesman. The rest is history. Now they are both multi- millionaires.

My ridding buddy loves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They told me that with 12" bars I may not have to change the clutch and brake lines but they advise I do. I know they are big on up-selling. But I have enough experience with bikes and wrenching on them to know when lines are needed. So as I said, if I go with new bars I will do the install and mods myself.

I didn’t have change my lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just finished up a bunch of work.

I replaced the stator, rotor, and rectifier/regulator. I went with Cycle Electric. The stator went bad and took the rectifier/regulator with it. I bought the kit that had the rotor too as I know that if I had not done that then the rotor would have been bad too.

Just after I got the bike the stealership did some work and really screwed up the mounting of my header to the cross over pipe. There was some kind of black tar/goo all around the pipes where they join and solidified to a mass that was a real pain to get off. It's been noting but problems since then every time I've had to pull the exhaust. So I decided to fix that problem now too. I called Vance and Hines and was able to get all of the mounting hardware for my Dresser Duals. I stripped the exhaust from the bike and cleaned it up and then reinstalled using new mounting hardware. The exhaust just about fell onto the bike. It was amazing how well that went.

I was away for a year and had some chrome from my Bad Dad forward controls and Roland Sands Clarity Cam cover go bad. Both companies were great to deal with and covered everything under warranty. So now was the time to put all that back on.

Since I had to drain the primary for the charging system repair and drain the crankcase for the cam cover swap I went ahead and drained the transmission as well and just did a full fluid swap. While I was at it I decided to use new drain plugs all the way around as I'm about to hit 50k on the bike.

Since I took so much off the bike as it was I went ahead and started swapping out some of those crappy looking zinc bolts for polished stainless steel 12 points. I did the visible crankcase bolts, the primary cover bolts, the derby cover bolts, the starter bolts, the VSS bolt, the transmission cover bolts, the secondary clutch actuator cover, the transmission top cover, the front fender bolts, 3 of the 4 exhaust flange studs (gave up on trying to get number 4 out for now), and used 12 point polished stainless steel nuts on the exhaust studs.

While working on the bike I realized my final drive belt was EXTREMELY loose so I adjusted that too. Man does the bike ease into gear much easier now.

The polished stainless steel bolts are a bit addictive. On Monday I'm going to order some more. I think I'm going to do the windscreen bolts, the 4 inner fairing bolts, and the shift rod bolts.

I just want to ride now!

Be well and ride safe.

Almost done. I traded my Goldwing and Softail in on this Street Glide. Many of the takeoffs from both, gap and warranty refunds paid for a good portion of these toys. And $250 gift card that came with the purchase went toward some of this.

41000008C SE Tuner
1801-1139 Khrome Werks 50-STATE COMPLIANT 4.50" HP-Plus Slip-On Mufflers for Milwaukee 8
29400299 SE Ventilator Air Cleaner Kit
25400199 SE8-447 Cam Torque
25566-06 Sprocket retention kit CAM Drive
29928-06 TC96 Spacer kit
25700731 Gasket Set Cam Service
9298a SE High Performance Inner Cam Bearing
330-0655 S+S Tappet Cuffs for M8
62700204 Fan Assisted Oil Cooler Kit
26800120 HD Cool Flow Fan
58002-09A Mid Frame Air Deflectors
CMBB-C Custom Dynamics Cool Magic™ Billet Bullet Driving Lights
1272492 J.W. Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 Dual Burn LED 7" Headlight Chrome
959855 Custom Dynamics Headlight Adapter For Harley Touring / Trike 2014-2019
PB-R-1157 Custom Dynamics ProBEAM® Solid Red 1157 Rear LED Inserts with Red Lenses
PB-TRI-3-RED ProBEAM® Dual Intensity LED TriBAR for 2014-2019 Street Glide
Fang White Halo Front Signal Light Inserts With Chrome Bezel
DK-TR-FLB-EXT-09 DK Custom Rider Floorboard Extensions for 2009-Up Harley FL Touring Models
52596-09A Adjustable Rider Backrest Mounting Kit
52501-09A Smooth Style Adjustable Rider Backrest
45732-86 Universal Mount Helmet Lock
49117-77TB Small Footpegs with End Cover
50830-07A Short Angled Adjustable Highway Peg Mount Kit
RAP-B-379-HA1U 2 RAM MOUNTS Mirror Post Base for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

Knock off
HARLEY STREET GLIDE AND ROAD GLIDE KING TOUR PAK MOUNT Touring FL 2014-2019 RACK
Vikings Bag tour pack

Only definite that needs to be done to round things out are the heated grips.

Wash my loyal gal after my 3029 mile trip to Montana to see family. Highlights Yellowstone, Bear Tooth Pass and Nez Perce National Forest Hwy 12.20190909_091529.jpg20190909_103004.jpg20190905_160118.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
South Jersey Dave